Butters rockets by 2 mil!

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited June 2009 in Milestones
Cheers on 2 million points, Butters! :D

:fold::fold:

Comments

• ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Whoa. I think I have some rogue folding machines still going from my last employer. Sweet! My current machine hasn't been folding since it was built. Unable to get SMP working so I never bothered.
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited June 2009
    When was the last time you tried SMP? It seems to have improved quite a bit recently. I tried running it back when it was released but had nothing but trouble. Now it runs without problems on the same system. Might be worth a second look. :)

~FA
    edited June 2009
    I've redownloaded the SMP client and when it tries to open a newly downloaded workunit it errors out. I'm too lazy to troubleshoot and do the research on the error. I could just use the regular client and setup an instance for each core unless there is real benefit to SMP.
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited June 2009
    SMP does yield a lot more PPD and is better for the project overall. Post up your log and I'll see what I can find sir.

~FA
    edited June 2009
    Okay, I pulled a bonehead move. I finally read the documentation and noticed that I'd need a computer password for it to function.

It does seem to work when I elevate it or run as admin. I know what I have to do for it to work. However, when it does its only using 25% CPU resources. Perhaps I need to do more with the config settings.

//EDIT// Found the -smp flag. Will try it out.