Heatwave

DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
edited June 2009 in Folding@Home
5 days of beautiful sun and temperatures of 25*C here in Vancouver have been a blessing. But, with the GPU/CPU running at full blast the temperatures in my room are hitting 30+*C. So until it gets cooler, it looks like I won't be folding as much as I used to. :[

Fold on icrontic! I'll be back soon.

Comments

• FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited June 2009
    I know how you feel. My room temp hovers around 85-88f depending on the time of day. At night it drops down to 80 but that's still hot as hell. My solution was to setup a box fan in the hallway and push the cooler air outside my room, into my room. That solution yields 72-75f temps at night and 80 or so during the day.

~FA
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Youch My room hovers at 77 with 2 pc and a lappy but dang i could do 85 - 88
    edited June 2009
    My room has two large windows that face south and east, and I have no trees that shade my house. So in the morning/afternoon it can realllllly heat up.

~FA
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Apartment between 69 and 72, electricity bills be damned.
    edited June 2009
    Snark who is your avatar????

~FA
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    The ever-loving goddess Miranda Kerr. She thanks you for noticing.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:
    Apartment between 69 and 72, electricity bills be damned.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I open windows and let nature do what it wants.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Thrax wrote:

I try to do this as much as possible, but Tejas summers are insane hot.
    edited June 2009
    Thrax wrote:

If I did that in the climate that is the deep south (85%+ humidity) my machines would probably shutdown by 11 am.

~FA
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    My solution is to put the computer in the basement... its always about 65F down here :D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I wish. Doesn't help a lot when the main computers are on the third floor. Bottom floor is outside ambient temperature and deliciously cool. The height of the afternoon - about 8:00PM, no kidding, lately has been about 75F. That results in the 3rd floor seeing 80-88F as the heat rises and the sun crashes in through the large picture windows on the south and west walls. I can cool it down better if I remove the insect screens, but the mosquitoes attack my wife. In late July I'll be moving the home office downstairs when my son moves out. He's found a place in town closer to his college.