Microsoft Tech Net Plus ?

scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
edited January 2010 in Science & Tech
I received an email from Microsoft with an invitation to join Tech Net at a reduced price of $249.00. ( $100 off )
I am not real sure what all that would do for me. I read over some of the stuff but I am still confused.
It says I can download and install as much as I want if it is for my personal use. Does that mean I can download 8 different versions of Windows 7 ultimate for all my machines ?

What are the limitations or is there something else I should know?

Scott

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2009
    Not just windows 7, office, server software, visio etc... You can dl multiple copies for yourself - the key is for yourself. It's basically what it says it is. No real catch.
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Then $250 sounds like a pretty good deal to have all my machines running up to date legit software.
    And I have been meaning to play with Server. Sounds like a good deal.

Thanks kryyst

Scott
    edited June 2009
    It's an extremely good deal actually :)
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    It's an awesome resource, definately can't live without Technet or MSDN. There may be some limitations for Technet Plus vs Partner, VL and Open license technet accounts, but you get the essentials.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    A Technet license is the single most cost-effective resource for users with multiple PCs. One Technet license will cough up as many legit, licensed installs as you need.
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I am now an official Tech net member.

Scott
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    You will be asking yourself, "Why didn't I do this 2 years ago!?!".
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    You will be asking yourself, "Why didn't I do this 2 years ago!?!".
    No kidding! This is the first I've heard of it! Arrrrggggh! Man, if I had known about this before!
  • edited January 2010
    I just joined tech net with the expectation that I would be able to download multiple copies of various MS programs for my own use but found that all that is offered is betas and trials :(
    edited January 2010
    Are you using the free subscription or the paid one? The paid one gives you full versions.
  • edited January 2010
    kryyst wrote:
    Are you using the free subscription or the paid one? The paid one gives you full versions.

Thanks for the tip. The Tech Net website showed my user name but I hadn't yet signed in properly. When I signed in with my user ID supplied by Micorsoft, I discovered the full versions. Nice:cool: