What happened to the old Icrontic team?

lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
edited October 2009 in Folding@Home
Back in 05 and times past before I dropped off the face of Icrontic, I used to fold with the icrontic team, and I see my old username / team connection still holds on stanford's web site. Whatever happened to team 33693?

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    It's Team 93 now.
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2009
    I know, I'm folding on team 93... I see active WUs coming in on 33693 still, though, and besides that I was just curious what prompted the switch.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    http://icrontic.com/history

33693 was the Citrixmeta-era Icrontic.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited July 2009

Still gives me goosebumps to read that. :)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I mean, technically, this is the old Icrontic team :D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Team #93 was the original F@H team then it moved over to Short-media and when Icrontic went live again after the crash it made a new team. When Short-Media bought IC, the team came back... thus Team #93.
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2009
    Ah, didn't know that. I think even before I had my leave of absence for 4 years, I didn't join up early enough to have been a part of the original icrontic.com. I must have registered on the site when short-media.com was already up and running.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Team #93 was the original F@H team
    We started Team 93 in mid-2001, when Stanford's Folding At Home project was only a few months old.

I stood at the position of attention when I said that! Oh, wait, I was at the keyboard. :)

(Yes, I know I joined this thread late.)