CD/DVD drive not showing anywhere

2»

Comments

• helicon1984helicon1984 Sovici, Bosna i Hercegovina
    edited July 2009
    I installed all the drivers from the mobo DVD after the Win7 install. Should I do something more or...?
    Just a quick question for Thrax. You suggested I create a 25GB partition for Win7 and use the rest of the drive for everything else (which I did). You also said to install all programs to D:. Does that include, for example, drivers for the graphics card etc?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    The drivers for the graphics card will automatically install to several folders on C:. When it asks you where you want to put the drivers, that's just a temporary location to store them for copying onto C:. You can put the temporary location wherever you'd like and delete it after the drivers are done installing.
    edited July 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    The drivers for the graphics card will automatically install to several folders on C:. When it asks you where you want to put the drivers, that's just a temporary location to store them for copying onto C:. You can put the temporary location wherever you'd like and delete it after the drivers are done installing.

And about the drives being named Disk and CD-ROM drive? Anything I can do about that?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    There's nothing you can do, and it's not even a problem anyhow. :)
    edited July 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    There's nothing you can do, and it's not even a problem anyhow. :)

Thanks Thrax and everyone else. Very helpful as always. :respect: I'll stop with the questions now. ;)