Opera 7.11

TiribulusTiribulus HOCKEYTOWN USA
edited June 2003 in Science & Tech
For anyone looking for an alternative to IE and Netscape I gotta tell ya Opera 7.11 is one fine piece of coding. An outstanding browser with a full arsenal of excellent features including a first rate mail client. Some basic functionality differs a bit from IE and may take some getting used to at first, but in no time I found myself going to it more and more until adopting it as my default browser. Check it out HERE
>>>--Tiribulus-->:D

Comments

• Bad_KarmaBad_Karma The Great White North
    edited June 2003
    I have been using Opera as my web browser for about 6 months now. All I have to say about this browser is that it's fast and well layed out. Definately give it a try.
  • edited June 2003
    Just installed it on one of my folding rigs to try it out; so far I like it a lot. I have Mozilla on another rig, but Mozilla doesn't let the scroll wheel on my intellimouse optical scroll the page and opera does. I might be dumping mozilla on that other rig and installing opera on it too.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    muddocktor said
    I have Mozilla on another rig, but Mozilla doesn't let the scroll wheel on my intellimouse optical scroll the page and opera does.
    Link ;)
  • TiribulusTiribulus HOCKEYTOWN USA
    edited June 2003
    Mozilla (neo netscape?) is also really good, but has an uncertain future since the deal between MS and AOL. I've heard about Opera from different people for a while, but since actually trying it I've been amazed @ how good it actualy is.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I downloaded it, and i've noticed that the .gif images seem to animate slower than in IE...anyone else?

edit:

Nevermind, i restarted opera, and everything's fine now
  • TiribulusTiribulus HOCKEYTOWN USA
    edited June 2003
    shwaip said
    I downloaded it, and i've noticed that the .gif images seem to animate slower than in IE...anyone else?

edit:

Nevermind, i restarted opera, and everything's fine now
    There is that and a wierd constant refresh with a very small number of pages. Other than that I've been very happy with it and it allows one to not be enslaved to MS fer a change too.
  • hitokirihitokiri NYC
    edited June 2003
    I was going to recommend smoothscroll for Mozilla, but BlackHawk beat me to it. Its awesome. <strike>Phoenix</strike>...err "Mozilla Firebird" for life!
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I just love how simplistic and fast it is. I only use IE if the pages don't load well.
  • Bad_KarmaBad_Karma The Great White North
    edited June 2003
    I must say that I have just downloaded the Firebird Browser and I must say that it is a little faster than Opera and like Opera is highly customizable. If you looking for simple/compilicated fast browsers be sure to check those out along with any others that are mentioned in this post. The link to the firebird hompage is this:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firebird/

Edit:\\ Just another note there are alot of addons that you can add to firebird and lots of themes for it as well. Check them out here:

http://texturizer.net/firebird/extensions.html