Icrontic Goes Renaissance (Rexxar adventures)

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
edited October 2009 in Community
Icrontic never rests.

Annes and Preacher have opened their homes to Icrontians for the Maryland Rennaissance Festival, Party Night and BBQ.

When: Friday, September 25th - Sunday the 27th, 2009

Where: DC|Metro area.

The Plan:
Friday evening we will be going to the Old Alexandria area for dinner, dancing and drinking. (right near Annes)
Saturday we will be going to The Maryland Renaissance Festival. The evening will be grilling @ Annes house!
Sunday, Preacher has invited us all to a Pakistani-type BBQ at his house! He is going to grill Tandoori Chicken and Beef Kebab. We ask that you provide your own drinks and possibly bring a side dish.

If this sounds like something you would like to attend, please let Annes, Preacher, or myself know ASAP so we can plan sleeping accommodations. Also it is recommended that you fly into DCA airport (Dulles might also be possible, have to ask Preacher.)

This is sure to be fun times, Icrontic Style!

__participating so far__
annes and pragtastic
preacher & tigerlily
poofie
wax and friend?
wagsftw and magic
gargoyle
lincoln
thrax
gnome queen
fatcat

__sunday only participants__
GnomeWizardd
BustedbyFeds

as always, I will keep this updated

Comments

• lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2009
    fatcat wrote:
    We will decided

Halp, future stuff happens in past!
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    lordbean wrote:
    Halp, future stuff happens in past!

haha, thanks for pointing that out. it wouldn't be a fatcat post if it didn't have a typo ;)
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Is anyone possibly willing to carpool from michigan?
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    ok Where is it at exactly? I wana check distance, I might drive down IF i am able on saturday or sunday
    edited August 2009
    ok Where is it at exactly? I wana check distance, I might drive down IF i am able on saturday or sunday

Annes and pragtastic live in Alexandria, VA

Preacher lives in Potomac, MD

The Maryland Renaissance Festival is located on Crownsville Road, in Anne Arundel County in Crownsville, MD

map-festival-600.jpg
    edited August 2009
    Ok me and bustedbyfeds are wantng to come just gotta run it by the misses, It would only be on sunday tho ( leave here and get there by 8:30am and leave by 7 pm )
    edited August 2009
    Ok, then you will want to hook up with Preacher for directions to his house for Sunday. And, what time we will all be there :)
    edited August 2009
    Hey I figure I cant miss out on all the party's! and a BBQ with you guys sounds amazing, Its only been what 10 years in the making?
    edited August 2009
    don't blame your excuses for missing 6 Icrontic Lans|Expos on us :p
    edited August 2009
    Ok me and Bustedbyfeds WILL BE ATTENDING the BBQ on Sunday Write it down, Once it is written down it has to be true!
    edited August 2009
    Ok me and Bustedbyfeds WILL BE ATTENDING the BBQ on Sunday Write it down, Once it is written down it has to be true!

noted!
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    i have a spare room! i'm north Bmore, though, so it's not exactly party-central...
    edited August 2009
    poofie wrote:
    i have a spare room! i'm north Bmore, though, so it's not exactly party-central...

noted!

Guess what we need to decide soon, is what we are doing Friday to avoid drives back and forth between cities.

So, those involved, GIT 'ER DONE! :p
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    I am (provisionally) so effing down. The X factor is that I haven't made my class schedule yet, so I'm not sure what time I can depart on Fri, yet.

I've been wanting to make it to the DC area for awhile now, so hells yeah. :thumbsup:
    edited August 2009
    Gargoyle wrote:
    I am (provisionally) so effing down. The X factor is that I haven't made my class schedule yet, so I'm not sure what time I can depart on Fri, yet.

I've been wanting to make it to the DC area for awhile now, so hells yeah. :thumbsup:

OMG! You gotta come man! I promise you we will have the details for Friday events soon!
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Is Rexxar not participating?
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Rexxar has already been "voluntold" that he's responsible for organizing the keg stand, the wet T-shirt contest, and the male banana hammock review.

BTW, we live in Potomac, MD...NOT VA. More to follow...
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Preacher wrote:
    ... and the male banana hammock review.

i was gonna say something deliciously pervy but then i felt like a dirty old lady.

when does your kid turn 18 again? :wink:
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Preacher wrote:
    Rexxar has already been "voluntold" that he's responsible for organizing the keg stand, the wet T-shirt contest, and the male banana hammock review.

BTW, we live in Potomac, MD...NOT VA. More to follow...

Awww Rex always gets all the good stuff.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Gargoyle wrote:

Garg, I'm not sure there's going to be time for DC viewingness this particular weekend. But feel free to show up a billion days early to my place and scout out the entire District, I live within walking distance of the Metro.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    me n sarah are coming.
    edited August 2009
    MAGIC wrote:
    me n sarah are coming.

what day?

and

awesome!

(preacher: fixed your location)
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Oh, oh my. This is getting large.

I am SO excited.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Annes wrote:

I am SO excited.

There's an implied that's what she said there, but I thought I'd go ahead an make it explicit.
    Annes wrote:
    Garg, I'm not sure there's going to be time for DC viewingness this particular weekend. But feel free to show up a billion days early to my place and scout out the entire District, I live within walking distance of the Metro.

Sweet! I think I may have a Friday class, so I may not be able to get there early enough for DC viewing this time, but maybe I can drop by and harass you some other weekend. :thumbsup:
    edited August 2009
    Annes wrote:

I am SO excited.

Quit talking about me on the forums hun. :tongue:

I gave certain parties until Monday to decide on Friday shens.
    edited August 2009
    Preacher wrote:

Awesome! Guess I need to grow as much chest hair as possible for the male banana hammock review :rarr:
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    I just requested that friday off, now just to buy plane tickets :)
    edited August 2009
    I just requested that friday off, now just to buy plane tickets :)

:rockon:
  • DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    might be this or labor day weekend.... hmmm... you all make life so hard
    edited August 2009
    oh God i am so super excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GQ if you come this will be EPIC