Graphics issues! Urgent

Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
edited September 2009 in Hardware
I am having more graphics problems. The comp was running fairly well until you install graphics drivers. Before installing the drivers about three times a day the comp will either BSOD or just say that drivers have failed and recovered. Once you install drivers you can barely get into windows and once you do there is horrible distortions, graphical errors, flashing screen. I ran memtest for about an hour and no issues. Brand new hard drive, RMAed the motherboard because ATI said it was not the VC. Problem is still here with new motherboard. Reseated the card. Reinstalled windows. Swapped out the VC with a brand new one. AAAAAAHHHHHH. Neither card requires additional power. I have replaced everything but the RAM(which tested just fine) and the CPU. Why would it get worse when installing drivers? I really need help on this. Please!:mad2::confused::grr:

E6600
Gigabyte P35-DS3L
2x1GB G. Skill DDR2 800
1st VC- Sapphire Radeon 3650 512mb PCI-E
Thermaltake 430W

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    You replaced the PSU, too? Just confirming.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Not enough power to the video card? Bad install of OS?
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    edited August 2009
    Both of the cards that I have put in don't need extra power. I have reinstalled windows 2 times now with new components. First with XP and now with Vista.
    edited August 2009
    I will double check the PSU tomorrow.
    edited August 2009
    I just went and got their computer and I am going to switch out the PSU. Does the PSU play as big of a part when the VC is powered by the MB. Could that possibly be causing some the the HD problems I've had.
    edited August 2009
    The PSU plays a huge role in the video card, even if the video card doesn't require PCIe cables.
    edited August 2009
    If that is the problem I will shoot myself! Thanks for the info Thrax. I should have checked it a long time ago.
    edited September 2009
    Just replaced the PSU and still having the same problem. As soon as I install drivers the graphics goes completely buggy. The power supply I put in is a Hyper 580W. Any other ideas?
    edited September 2009
    Run it outside of the case to avoid shorts?
    edited September 2009
    Will do. I just emailed Gigabyte since they don't have a phone number. Hopefully they have something useful to say this time.
    edited September 2009
    I am pulled MB and placed it on a cardboard mb box. I have installed the drivers. First reboot it said the drivers failed and I rebooted again. No glitchy screen or graphical errors. Seems to be running good. I ran the Windows experience benchmark and didn't fail. Anything else I should run to test it? Now what to do with the case?
    edited September 2009
    Every once in awhile something wierd will happen. Just opened Nvidia control panel and the top portion of the window flickered and then disappeared. Went to the desktop and back and reappeared and is fine.
    edited September 2009
    I spoke too soon. I tried to run a game and is BSOD. On reboot I tried it started to have a hard time displaying windows and switching between the two. It is better when out of the case though. Wierd huh. Sorry for the play by play.
    edited September 2009
    What is the only component you haven't swapped?
    edited September 2009
    I just swapped out the MB. Still the same problems. It was the MB out of my comp that is working great. I left my CPU in the board so that means everything but the RAM. I tested it with MEMTEST for about an hour though. The only thing I can think of is that the original VC I installed(3650 512mb) which did not work somehow corrupted the ATI drivers or something in Windows. I am now trying with a 8400GS. Could that be possible. I was going to try a fresh install of windows tonight. What do you think>?:
    edited September 2009
    I get off work in about in 1 1/2 hours and plan on reinstalling windows with 8400GS. If there are any other ideas let me know.
    edited September 2009
    Well, it was the RAM. I never replaced it because I had ran memtest for about an hour thinking that would tell me if the RAM was bad. Oh well. I still like MEMTEST, but will double check next time.
    edited September 2009
    Just like CPU overclock testing, no test is complete until it has run for a LONG while: 6? 12? Maybe even 24 hours?