Changeling: The Lost

StarmanStarman Icrontian
edited September 2009 in Gaming
I'm making a character for Changeling and am having trouble coming up with a fae name that suits my mien.

I'm a cyclopean ogre in the Autumn court who uses a surgeon guise to scare my victims. My fae form carries around a doctor's bag full of scalpels and other instruments and has a doctor's mask merged with his face (maybe a plague doctor's mask).

In my mortal guise, I'm an unusually tall guy with a fedora, an eyepatch, and (usually) a cigar who talks quiet and gruff--a stark contrast from my clean and efficient surgeon mien.

So far, all I've come up with are Red Ivan (maybe Red Henry instead) and Dr. Badlove.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    lol I really like Dr. Badlove, though...

Maybe throw a "von" in there somewhere for added effect

DOCTOR VON BADLOVE :p
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    That would be amazing. Unfortunately, it's a fairly serious game, so I think that would just piss off the guy running it.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    You could spice it up by throwing a little language play in there - Doctor von Malamor? (Mal amor - bad love... get it? Get it? Guys?)
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Wait, Badlove won't piss him off but Von Badlove will?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    ^ I was just pondering this.
    edited September 2009
    No, they both would. It was a joke.
    edited September 2009
    I'm thinking Bag Man right now. My character is the kind of figure that kids should hear stories of and be frightened. What would you call a fairy-monster whose reputation involves a bag of nasty surgery tools, right?
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2009
    I like Bag Man, it's slightly ambiguous and good for a child's tale.
    edited September 2009
    Thanks Kryyst. But what should other changelings call me? Stick with Bag Man? Maybe add a common name to it and be Bag Man Ben (maybe they just call me Ben and the kids call me The Bag Man)?
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2009
    That depends. What are the other Changelings going by and how do they all view each other. In a game we played all the Changelings had their faey names and introduced themselves as that. But much like friends do in real life players/characters started developing nicknames for each other that they went by. It actually worked really well and added a layer of authenticity to it.

Plus I mean it alleviated the problem of players having to try and remember the very clever names other Characters have. There was never a case of, look at other player, look at your own notes to remember character name, etc.... It all just flowed very well.

But you could easily spin it off yourself and do the 'Kids call me The Bag Man, but my friends just call me Ben." style of introduction.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    If you take on the name Bag Man you have some rep to live up to. You have to play drunk. Otherwise Bag Foot might come over in a black out and smack you around with a cold wet trout until he throws up in your face.
    edited September 2009
    kryyst wrote:
    That depends. What are the other Changelings going by and how do they all view each other. In a game we played all the Changelings had their faey names and introduced themselves as that. But much like friends do in real life players/characters started developing nicknames for each other that they went by. It actually worked really well and added a layer of authenticity to it.

Plus I mean it alleviated the problem of players having to try and remember the very clever names other Characters have. There was never a case of, look at other player, look at your own notes to remember character name, etc.... It all just flowed very well.

But you could easily spin it off yourself and do the 'Kids call me The Bag Man, but my friends just call me Ben." style of introduction.

That would work. The only other player whose character I know anything about is my brother's and he's a Muse of the Spring Court. Our group has a problem of keeping secrets from each other for the sake of "being in character" so I don't know how much cooperation I can get before the game starts.