Icrontic at CES 2010: Last Gadget Standing

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited October 2009 in Science & Tech

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Blue gets their time to shine in Vegas!

I can't wait for this event. I've heard about it in the past but never actually watched it. I'll certainly tune in this time.
  • PetraPetra Palmdale, CA USA
    edited October 2009
    I'm planning to be out there again... granted, it won't be as a vendor guest (which was kinda neat for CES '09), but I'm sure it'll be fun. :-)
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I can't wait for CES this year! LGS is just icing on the awesomecake.
  • edited October 2009
    I'm surprised you didn't mention 2010 CES as the year USB 3.0 SuperSpeed will rear it's gorgeous head and redefine data transfer rates for HD video, tedious backups, and rapid syncing to 'pods and whatnot.

I'd also argue SSD's officially ARRIVED in mid-2009. The latest crop of controller chips with more cache onboard NAILED IT. Now we just need the average consumer to Wake-Up and discover what they're missing.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I don't think SSDs have truly arrived until we lop a few hundo more off of 256GB drives. Consumers are just going to shun the shit out of them until that happens.

I also don't think USB3 will have more than a passing impact on the market until late 2010. We're already looking at the latest round of motherboards supposed to take us into 2010, and none of them have USB3. The world has also just received its first USB3 external HD, but it won't be released until 2010.

I think we'll have to wait until the end of the year for everyone's new chipsets before it's a big deal.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited October 2009
    Can I tag along?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    YGPM