FahMon 2.3.99.1 gone bonkers

LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciersEagle River, Alaska Icrontian
edited October 2009 in Folding@Home
I'm running FahMon 2.3.4 to monitor my SMP and GPU2 Folding clients. It has served me well, but progress is progress, and version 2.3.99.1 seemed a logical upgrade. But now, what grief.

I've tried the newer version on two occasions, the last time just this last weekend. I had to remove it and revert to 2.3.4. 2.3.99.1, at least on my system, randomly renames the client names. When you have many clients running, it's just too time consuming to constantly make corrections.

Anyone know of a fix? I did an Internet search, found others reporting the same problem, but found no solution.

The computer running FahMon is operating on WinXP SP3. It's on a home Ethernet LAN, router auto-assigned IPs. The computer is connected to a switch, which is directly connected via Ethernet to the router in another room. Three computers are connected to the switch and one computer is connected directly to the router. None of the clients, monitored through switch or router, are immune to having the client names randomly changed.

I previously experienced the same problem when none of the computers where on a switch.

Any ideas?

Comments

• DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Don't know what to say, I'm running 2.3.99.1 at work on xp and it's monitoring my laptop as well as several of the other systems I have at work, all connected to cisco POE switches, and running the same version at home on W7 rc and I haven't seen any of what you're describing.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I'm stumped as well. The LAN works perfectly, as far as I know. I had the same problem even before, when the LAN was configured differently than.
    edited October 2009
    How long is the DHCP lease for IP's? Is it possible that it's only looking to \\ip\folding install directory instead of \\computer name\folding install directory
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I don't completely understand your terminology, Dan. Sorry.

I pointed each FAHMon-monitored client at each individual client folder in each computer over the network.
    edited October 2009
    DHCP refers to how your systems get their IP addresses, meaning the router assigns them to the computers automatically.
    Try setting 2 of the problem computers to static IP addresses and see if that makes a difference.