The art of asking a woman out on a date

poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
edited January 2010 in Lifestyle

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    In b4 "girls on the internet?" or nerd panic.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I love coffee!
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    mmmmm Coffee.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I hope that none of the feminist groups find this article. Your deli allusion would be sure to cause an outrage shitstorm.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I hope they do. We could use the controversy :D
  • edited October 2009
    I'm a relationship expert—having one failed relationship—so I can assure everyone this article is inaccurate.

Now that I'm done being silly— the first point wasn't a joke though :c — I can thank you for this different spin on the dating thing. All my opinions on approaching girls are so nebulous that I have no idea how to get 'em down on paper, but I am solidified in the confidence aspect.
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    OMG THERES GIRLS ON THE INTERNET!?
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Who hit the bell 5 times at the ren fest?

... THIS GUY!

Wanna go out some time? ..works every time.
    edited October 2009
    Why do they always have to show up and ruin everything? Guess I need to cross the Internet off the list of places I can hide from dem evil wimmen-folk.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Interesting guide. Now where is the guide for dating multiple women at the same time? Cause that's what men want :p
  • lunchb0xlunchb0x Lansing, MI New
    edited October 2009
    fatcat wrote:
    Interesting guide. Now where is the guide for dating multiple women at the same time? Cause that's what men want :p

There's a Utah joke in there somewhere
    edited October 2009
    lunchb0x wrote:
    There's a Utah joke in there somewhere
    LOLMormons
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I am confident! ....aren't I?

lol'ing and self pity aside, Confidence is one of the hardest parts in my opinion. That and fear of rejection, which most might say are one in the same.

Also Wahay, 'sup with all the "guest" posting you've done as of late?
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    As I used to tell my speech novices, fake confidence is the same as real confidence. Pretend to be confident, and everyone will think you totally are.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    wtf women.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    +1 to confidence. Directly connected to that is looking them in the eye and smiling when you introduce yourself.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Has anyone ever heard of this little trick called being yourself? It's like the ultimate cheat code.
    edited October 2009
    Has anyone ever heard of this little trick called being yourself? It's like the ultimate cheat code.

When I enter that cheat code I end up getting teleported to world -1, friend world.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    hahaha! this thread is going places!
  • lunchb0xlunchb0x Lansing, MI New
    edited October 2009
    UPSLynx wrote:
    hahaha! this thread is going places!

Except for with ardichoke. The thread thinks that it and ardichoke should see other people.
  • ardichokeardichoke
    slinks away, dejected. Plays L4D while drinking rum for the next 36 hours.
    Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    slinks away, dejected. Plays L4D while drinking rum for the next 36 hours.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2009

I disagree.

Whenever I'm myself, I strike out. I think being yourself comes later, not when you're trying to get that first date.

When I pretended to be a cocky, horny asshole who just wanted a hump-n-dump, well by gum, that's what I got. :rarr:
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    This works perfectly for me. I don't even have to act I am in fact a cocky horny asshole.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Point is, what works for one woman, ain't gonna work for the next.

Just know WTF you're doing in bed and have alcohol :D
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    fatcat wrote:

Balls. :(
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    fatcat wrote:

this sentence was my entire first draft.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    There's a reason why there's an entire industry devoted to the art of the pickup. It's not because women are simple creatures, it's because they're the best psychological mindfuckers around. There are books, seminars, and websites devoted to disarming a woman's weapons. Read Roissy in DC for an example of how men game women.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Whats a woman?
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I disagree.

Whenever I'm myself, I strike out. I think being yourself comes later, not when you're trying to get that first date.

When I pretended to be a cocky, horny asshole who just wanted a hump-n-dump, well by gum, that's what I got. :rarr:

Well, if that is all your looking for, that is perfectly fine. It works on girls that are insecure in who they are and are looking for approval from a male partner,,, but..... Mature, grown adult women, honestly just want you to be honest, be yourself.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't dispute the importance of what poofie is saying here. Confidence in the sense that when you see someone you like, just walking up and saying so should not be that big of a deal. Hey, want to have a cup of coffee with me, hey want to get a burger, hey, I think you would look hot in a laser tag vest, all those apply. It does not mean it will land you a date, but what it does is improves your chances, you can't just stand on the sideline waiting for girls to jump on you, you have to man up, smile, and say, hey, I dig you, lets do something together. Its not nearly as big of a deal as people make it.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    hey, I think you would look hot in a laser tag vest

This is all kinds of awesome.