Student pricing for Windows 7 set at $29.99

2»

Comments

• A
    edited September 2009
    Do you think MS will check to see if students are still enrolled? I graduated this year and my .edu addy still works so I was able to get get the link, but the clause about having to pay the difference if they check for proof of enrollment and you don't have any has me a little worried...

I do still have my student ID though, if they accept that.
  • edited September 2009
    Sorry PrimeSuspect,
    I had purchased the laptop from eBay and they had given me the licence version of Windows 7 along with it. Anyways good price for Windows 7.
  • edited September 2009
    What about senior citizens, I bought a Notebook with Vista and was physically robbed by Microsoft of time. Time is a precious gift to the old, but Vista is so damn slow it wastes 50% of our allotted time. Bill Gates and his boys should do a very special deal for seniors everywhere who were conned with Vista.
  • edited October 2009
    This is rediculous they wont let you request it for highschools, they only allow you to request Microsoft office 2007 ultimate and get that for $60-70 FAIL
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    That's because minors usually have mommy and daddy pay for things, whereas college students are typically on the hook with loans and/or summer funds.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    This is so awesome. Downloading the professional version right now.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited October 2009
    If only I could remember my edu e-mail address... Besides, the college I was attending isn't listed.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    If you have a .edu email account it doesn't matter what college you attended. The list is only if you don't have an .edu account, but attend one of those schools...
    edited October 2009
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    If you have a .edu email account it doesn't matter what college you attended. The list is only if you don't have an .edu account, but attend one of those schools...

Yes, I am aware, but I remember my user account name, but not the trailing @college name.net/org/edu (West Texas A&M University)

I still have my login info for the school, I can check that when I get home.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    It should be @wtamu.edu
    edited October 2009
    I should try that.

--EDIT--
    It was @mail.wtamu.edu However considering that I haven't been registered to go to school at this college since Summer 2005, I am not able to log in (which I pretty much I knew I wasn't going to be able to, I was hoping the website was only checking to see if you had a .edu mail to be eligible), so all I got from the link to get Windows 7 was telling me to check my e-mail for the link to the store. Oh Well.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    When I downloaded the student upgrade version last week, it was a pain in the ass. You had to download three files from a proprietary download manager, and then run a program to expand those into an image. The thing is, the expansion program would throw an error when it was finished, leading you to believe that it didn't work. On top of that, what it expanded was the file structure of the DVD, not a burnable ISO. It was a pain to get started, but I found some guides and got it to work.

Thankfully, they've fixed it, and you can directly download the ISO now.
    edited November 2009
    Is that a smart thing to make the ISO available like that?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    It's useless without a key.
    edited November 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    It's useless without a key.

Yeah, I saw that... *pouts*