GPU folding

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited January 2010 in Folding@Home
So I have my GTX 295 and its hurting to get back into the point race of Folding at Home. In that what GPU download should I use & what is the best process to setup for dual GPU's? is the GTX295 seen as 1 GPU that just has double the power?

Any setup suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I'll say it again: It is so awesome to have Sledgehammer back :D
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    TBH sledge is back your folding records are not safe! TBH
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Oh yeah... Folding... I forgot to set that back up when I reinstalled.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    So any help? in getting this GTX 295 rolling in those WU's?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    This guy.

If the 295 is a two-GPU system, you can install that into two separate directories, give them different machine IDs, and force them to use different GPUs using the #gpu flag, I believe. The Folding forums should have a little more help than I can offer at the moment, not having had personal experience with them. _k_ may also chime in.

//EDIT: This thread may help. Google search "site:foldingforum.org two F@H GPU clients GTX 295" got me there.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2009
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Sledge, you didn't report back. How's it going? Is that GTX295 beast working for you?

(I'm waiting for the next 'really big thing' in the video card world, so I can start sourcing 295's on the used market for good prices. :D )