Calling all bearded men of Icrontic

Comments

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I been using the 90R I got off Amazon for a while.

It's hotness, and gets your face thigh-rubbing smooth.

Yeah.

mostinteresting.jpg
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    lol thigh-rubbing smooth. You dog you :rarr:
  • redchiefredchief Santa Barbara Member
    edited April 2009

if it's not, yer doin it wrong
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited April 2009

so... yum. beards. i recommend just growing that beard out, it would be OMFGhot. thigh-rubbing smooth is overrated... a little scruff applied the right way can be very nice...

i'll stop. this could get bad. all i meant to say was that i think beards are hot. :D
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm
    beards it up.

I still chuckle when I see this thread - a thread calling for bearded men to advise on how to shave. ;D
    Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    beards it up.

I still chuckle when I see this thread - a thread calling for bearded men to advise on how to shave. ;D
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    We request bearded men because those men who are not yet of beard-growing age would obviously have little to add. Pre-beardy men are often too proud of their peach fuzz.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    hahahaha. Buddy J said pre-beardy.

And Snark said beards it up.

I love this thread so much.

So I think I figured out my problem. When I shave two days in a row or more,each subsequent day is just murder. If I wait a day and get extra-beardy then I typically have a much cleaner shave with very little if no bleeding. It would be fine and dandy to just shave every other day and not deal with it, but I grow the facial hair back so quickly that I look like a bum by the second day.

I think my skin is becoming too dry when shaving regularly. I think I may need to try out a post-shave lotion or something.

Is this idea preposterous? Any suggestions on such a lotion if it would help?
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited April 2009
    We have a Turkish Barber in town and they lather the soap in a bowl with boiling water from the kettle. The extra heat helps to open the pores and makes the hair stand on end. They use a cut Throat flick razer and use cold water afterward to cool the skin. This is then followed by a facial massage with some form of moisterizer.

I have never had it done personally as I only need to shave twice a week. I start with hot water on the skin then the gell gunk discribed earlier. My weapon of choice is a supermarket own brand disposible razer (23p for 10). Afterward use a lot of cold water then Nivia moisterising balm. Works really well for me. Only thing I do find is that if I leave it too long and the hair has grown too much the razers tend to clog and pull rather than cut but at 23p for ten I dont mind using two blades per shave!
    edited April 2009
    i'm mad that this is the only thread with the tag "satisfying women."
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    fluff wrote:
    i'm mad that this is the only thread with the tag "satisfying women."

I never noticed that. We must change this.

This thread needs moar pics and/or video and/or nakedness.
    edited April 2009
    Annes wrote:

i knew i loved you for a reason.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    For those that keep some facial hair... make sure you use products on that hair. too many of us just use the same bar soap on the facial hair... NO, NO, NO. Shampoo and conditioner... Not only does it clean the facial hair but it makes it feel softer and the skin below is cared for as well.

Many women have commented that my beard is nice and soft making it better when getting close... This turned into a comparison between several of the men judges by several women. I was the only one that used shampoo and conditioner. I won the "soft" test... ;)
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I'm in a similar situation Lynx, but I haven't tried anything yet to combat it so I'm not sure what works and what doesn't, aside from building a really hot thick slick lather and using a very sharp blade on the second day.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Annes wrote:
    I never noticed that. We must change this.

I had a 4-day 'stash but was ordered to get rid of it before I could take a pic. It was ridiculous.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I'm sporting some several day old growth at the moment. Problem is that my several days and a 14-year old's several days are about the same. Sad that at 36 I still can't grow a full beard. My cousin has the same problem. We've got patchy growth, so we have to shave. I'd rather have nothing than this half-ass excuse for facial hair. FML.
    edited April 2009
    Buddy J wrote:
    I'm in a similar situation Lynx, but I haven't tried anything yet to combat it so I'm not sure what works and what doesn't, aside from building a really hot thick slick lather and using a very sharp blade on the second day.

Hmm... really wondering if the blade makes a difference. I changed from a cream to a soap and it didn't help the second day shave. The only two things I can think of trying are new blades and/or a post-shave moisturizer.

Prime, you mentioned using Nivea's "for men" moisturizing aftershave lotion. Do you still use it with your saftey razor, and do you think it would help?

This may be a question for the B&B forums
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited April 2009
    All this info might have already been posted, so forgive any redundancy..

I've been shaving my head for almost 10 years now (not much up top, looks better gone.) Here's my daily routine (no irritation, no bumps). This is no small feat, since I sometimes think I'm part Bigfoot when it comes to hair (other than my head).

I shave in the shower - use the hottest water you can stand on your face.

Use a good facial scrub - I use Nivea Deep Cleaning or Exfoliating Facial Scrub - I work it in good with my fingers, and then use a wash cloth to scrub my head and facial hair areas. This cleans out the junk, and it helps the hair "stand up".

I then lather up with Head Slick. Head Slick is by far the best shaving lotion I've ever used. My wife has taken to using it, or something like it for all her shaving needs. You can pick it up at Walgreens or Rite Aid for around $8. Incidently, an 8oz bottle lasts me almost 4 months. A little goes a long way with Head Slick.

I use a Mach III or Fusion razor. The blades usually last me a week to a week and a half.

After I'm finished, I soap up the washcloth, and scrub my face again. This helps clean out the pores again, and helps reduce the bumps later.

After all this, rinse with cold water - this will tighten up your pores/skin, and reduce the bumps later.

When you get out of the shower/finish shaving run a clean towel over your face - again, your trying to bring the remaining hair to the surface. Then use a good aftershave/mosturizer.
  • photodudephotodude Salt Lake, Utah Member
    edited November 2009
    Wow an interesting thread, My shaving issues have lead me to living with scruff, Waxing my face (I don't recommend it... it was more pain then it was worth and had other issues but after 5 days I had a good 3 weeks without needing to shave) getting by with a electric, and thinking about laser hair removal.
    My facial hair is so course that a single pass of a mach4 razer is dulled, and no mater what I do I end up with razer bumps and follicle infections, even the electric causes my skin sensitivity issues.

I'll have to consider this old school shaving
    edited November 2009
    It will work for you. I have faith.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    photodude wrote:
    Wow an interesting thread, My shaving issues have lead me to living with scruff, Waxing my face (I don't recommend it... it was more pain then it was worth and had other issues but after 5 days I had a good 3 weeks without needing to shave) getting by with a electric, and thinking about laser hair removal.
    My facial hair is so course that a single pass of a mach4 razer is dulled, and no mater what I do I end up with razer bumps and follicle infections, even the electric causes my skin sensitivity issues.

Sounds like you need to just grow it out. And take pics. :D
    edited November 2009
    DON'T LISTEN TO ANNE SHE'S A FILTHY LADY.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    photodude wrote:

There was a guy that I went to high school with that had similar issues, and he ended up trying to Nair his face. He got some pretty chemical burns that looked like he had gotten into a fight with a road, heh. Eventually he recovered. :)
    edited November 2009
    grow it out and take pics, like the filthy lady said.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Honestly, I have been shaving every day for 20 years with Dove soap for sensitive skin. Wet soap, hands and rub on face, shave and rinse. I use a Gillette Fusion shaver. I had no idea that some people have such a hard time shaving.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    People who have manly scruff - yes.

People with peach fuzz - not so much.
    edited November 2009
    There was a guy that I went to high school with that had similar issues, and he ended up trying to Nair his face. He got some pretty chemical burns that looked like he had gotten into a fight with a road, heh. Eventually he recovered. :)

I would have tried nair on my face (the face version) but it still is a large risk for chemical burns according to the packaging.

I tried Waxing my face instead....It was a VERY painful experience. I had to stop at 99% done, and it bleed a fair amount too....was nice for a few weeks, just not worth the pain. I took pictures during the experience too, if any one wants to see sadistic torture.

@Annes, @poofie, I tried Growing it out once but it caused me other issues and pimples under the beard. it was not pleasant. I'll see if i have any pics from that dark period of my life. It never really got that good, I think Prime had a much better one based on the pic he posted.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    TBonZ wrote:
    Honestly, I have been shaving every day for 20 years with Dove soap for sensitive skin. Wet soap, hands and rub on face, shave and rinse. I use a Gillette Fusion shaver. I had no idea that some people have such a hard time shaving.

Personally, I use blades from old lawnmowers.
    midga
    edited November 2009
    Personally, I use blades from old lawnmowers.

Maybe I should a weed trimmer ;)
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Just a few of the different styles I've had the past couple of months, just experimenting on the requests of other people. I've had other funnier/better styles, but I can't seem to find the photos..

I've never shaved using a blade, I use a pretty cheap trimmer and a pretty cheap electric shaver for blank patches. I do however shampoo my facial hair, and always put on some moisturizing cream after shaving.
    edited November 2009
    That first one is pretty hilarious Jokke. Hardly recognize you without the massive beard!