Putting URLs in Folders with Firefox

edited December 2009 in Internet & Media
Hi, I'm new to FFx after being browned off with MS IE. I'm having difficulty with Bookmarks. I imported my "Favorites" from IE - fine - but now in FFx i try to save a new bookmark into an existing "folder" - the folder is not there!! It is actually there but not available for me to put the new bookmark in. I have to go thru a convoluted process of saving to some folder such as bookmarks menu or onsorted bookmarks then drag it to the folder where I want it - surely I should be able to save it where I want it?

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    What's your process? When you go to add a bookmark, a small window should pop up that lets you choose a folder. Does the folder not appear in that list, even after you hit "choose"?

IC%20bookmarking.png
  • edited December 2009
    I don't see any of my bookmark folders when I hit "Choose". I don't know how to insert a screenshot but it looks like yours above but the folders do n ot appear - see attached file
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Hit the arrow next to "Bookmarks Menu."
  • edited December 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    Hit the arrow next to "Bookmarks Menu."

Nothing there!!!
    edited December 2009
    What version of Firefox are you running? Can you upgrade to the latest and see if that changes anything?
  • edited December 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:
    What version of Firefox are you running? Can you upgrade to the latest and see if that changes anything?

Using 3.5.6. Closed everthing down, restarted & bingo!! I should have doe this before wasting your time - sorry
    edited December 2009
    Glad to hear it's working, at least. :) Happy bookmarking!