Can We Use Green Tea For Weight Loss..?

edited December 2009 in Fitness
Hi to all
I have seen many article describing green tea as weight loss?Is it true?I mean there are many products are available for that?So should I try this for my weight loss?
Does any body try and get actual result?

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Green tea is only good for weight loss as a stimulant. It contains caffeine, which increases your metabolism, which can help you burn more calories (although only if you're actually exercising already), and can decrease your appetite.

You could also get that caffeine from coffee or caffeine pills with the same effect. Other than caffeine, there is nothing about green tea which is specifically weight loss causing, afaik.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    CB is right.

But I'll go further and state that multiple studies have indicated that the effect of caffeine is not significant enough to induce statistically relevant weight loss.

You could drink water, diet colas, or any other calorie-free drink and get the same results.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I'm going to briefly describe Green Tea as mentioned on page 10 of The Superfoods Rx Diet by Wendy Bazilian, Steven Pratt, and Kathy Mathews. A book I'm slowly incorporating into my own life with much success and ease(though the book has a different plan, I find that instead of doing a straight up diet plan off the bat that if I just incorporate certain aspects one at a time I tend to keep performing those aspects instead of jumping off the bandwagon altogether. This book is becoming my bible basically as it's not an atkin's diet like thing that prevents you from eating stuff your body actually needs forcing it to loose weight. But instead you eat what your body wants with portion control and incorporation of nutrient rich super foods that have proven properties that help you.

So on the page mentioned through the next 2 pages it discuss's green tea and tea in general. It mentions the caffeine briefly and that originally it was thought that caffeine was responsible but that they are finding mild thermogenic properties that go beyond what caffeine can explain.

Green tea also helps your body regulate insulin. It also has polyphenols that fight inflammation that is a major player in overweight people and possibly how I've lost 15lbs so quickly after adding green tea to my daily diet and still loosing.

It's not going to make you skinny, but whether you are in shape or not I would say that including green tea and other tea's into your daily diet can help you in someway no matter what. It's hard to diet, it's easy to drink tea.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I'll add that any tea is probably good for you as they have antioxidants, so no, drinking tea probably can't harm you, and might help you slightly at the very least. Just don't add milk to your tea- it cancels out the antioxidants and other good properties. (Of course, I almost exclusively drink British tea with milk, but that's just because I can't resist the tastiness).
  • LeahVoiceLeahVoice Hobgoblin of Good Grooming Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    There are a lot of weight-loss gimmicks out there. Green tea is harmless and, like some other posters said, have good-for you antioxidants. However, it's not going to do much for you in terms of weight-loss.
  • edited December 2009
    Now a days more and more people are facing fatness problem on their body. So to reduce it, exercise and yoga are very important. Also we have to take care of our daily food.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Yes! I am facing fatness problem often! Also wanting roar in sack and giving her all deep my meat. My daily food and very important!
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited December 2009
    whaahaha, and the thread turns.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Yes! I am facing fatness problem often! Also wanting roar in sack and giving her all deep my meat. My daily food and very important!
    but do you have standing rocket for make boom in bedroom?! I am fueling metabolism gains for great roaring thunder love.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Genuine Polex watches! Delivered you to door in box of custom! Airbill from Hong Kong means no time flat!
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited December 2009
    In order to thanks for your support thus far, SusanExpress(SSEX) would offer the lowest price ($7.48/1000g).
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    You do that too well.... :hrm:
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited December 2009
    Seen it a LOT of times. Damnfool advertising.

My brother says he sees them in EVE online, too. ;D