Capcom at CES 2010

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited January 2010 in Gaming

Comments

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Holy Crap, its the G-Force Guardians of Space!

Count me in.
  • jj Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    LOL Ken the Eagle
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for the info!

-Bobby
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    SSFIV had BETTER be released on PC. Don't you let me down, Capcom.

Looking forward to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom on the Wii.
  • edited January 2010
    I honestly don't care about anything Capcom does until they at least port Monster Hunter Tri to PS3. I havn't bought a Capcom game since 2007 when Capcom cancelled it for PS3 to make it Wii exclusive, and I won't until they right that horrible wrong.

What a dumb move that turned out to be too, lol. In Japan, where Monster Hunter is KING, it's sales were so much lower than expected the game was in bargain bins 3 weeks after release. It sold decent the first couple of days, but as soon as people started playing it on Wii, word spread that it sucked with motion controls and sells nose dived. It sold a little over a million copies at the 3 month mark. In contrast to Portable 2 and Unite which sold 600,000 their first day and continued to sell.

If Capcom stuck with the original plan, and didn't sell out, Monster Hunter 3 on PS3 would have sold WAY more in the long run than it did on Wii, and it would have pushed more PS3 sales than FF13. When it comes to Monster Hunter, demographics are more important than console install bases.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Megaman 10? Honestly? Then again it's not all that surprising considering how Capcom does business and I mean Splashwo Man was a pretty big hit with the community after the release of Megaman 9 but I really don't think I'm going to pay money now to play what is essentially the same game I played on my NES in 1993.
    edited January 2010
    LarryL, it's interesting because I thought Monster Hunter 3 (gotcha b*ch!) would do well on the Wii, considering the massive amount of Nintendo sales over seas. I hadn't considered the fact that monster hunter players before 3 were limited to the PS2, but I still thought that the majority of gamers would have a Wii.

also, this thread is now a splashwoman thread.

694848-splash_woman_8_super.png
  • edited January 2010
    Ha, that was a kool video.......anyway.....

You though Monster Hunter would do well on Wii? Are you a Monster Hunter player? If so I don't see for the life of me how you think that gameplay would translate well to Wii's motion controls. I never for a second thought they would. And the Japanese fans have confirmed it.

Wii doesn't only have massive sales over seas, it has massive sales everywhere. I'm not denying that a bit, and to do so would be rediculous. I'm just saying that dedicated Monster Hunters are a very specific type of gamer. It's a very tight demographic, espacially outside of Japan. They're like D&D players. And that specific demographic is not interested in playing Monster Hunter on the Wii. Very few are interested. The only Monster Hunter fans I see on the web that act excited about MH on Wii, are the 27 people who always post on the Capcom BBS. EVery other forum I go on people are against it, and want the game on PS3. And on Monster Hunter on PS2, I had 60 people on my friends list between my 3 characters, out of that 60, TWO had any interest in Wii at all.

Outside of Japan, Tri's sales are going to be complete failure. Those 27 people on the Capcom BBS will buy it, most of the typical Wii gamers, who like these casual, easy games, a few may buy Tri and will end up hating it because it's hard, slow going, has alot to learn, and often times is downright BORRING. then they're going to trade it in. Tri on Wii will not even come CLOSE to the PSP MH sales, and I mean outside of Japan even though Wii's install base is so much stronger.

And imo, if the game was released on PS3, it would sell incredibly well. Because the demographics match. And as I said, when it comes to Monster Hunter, demographics trump install base. MH is probably the most demographic based game of all time. Probaly under 1% of Wii owners will buy Monster Hunter, while propbably upwards of 25% of PS3 owners would but it, especially if it got released when PS3 was so dry on RPGs. You gotta sell to the right demographic, and Capcom screwed up on this one. And in doing so, pissed off alot of dedicated Monster Hunter fans. I know for sure that I'm not the only veteran Monster Hunter that completely stopped buying Capcom games over them abandoning the whole fanbase of the game, but putting our favorite game on a system most of us would never buy, and if we did buy a Wii, we aren't looking to play Monster Hunter on it. Monster Hunter belongs on a Playstation controller.
  • KetherKether Topanga Ca
    edited January 2010
    I'm always down for another megaman but aren't they running out of villains. Is it just me or is Ken The Eagle Speed Racer?
    edited January 2010
    That makes more sense now.

I've never played MH, though I've considered getting into it on many occasions, I know a lot of people that play it.

I do know that MH has a very dedicated and niche fanbase, ESPECIALLY in Japan. That's why I assumed if you combined the Wii's market share plus the fans in Japan (the PS3 hasn't done terribly well in Japan), I figured it to be a recipe for success. It's surprising that it wasn't, but after that explanation, that makes sense.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Monster Hunter Tri does not require motion controls. You can use them if you want, but you can also use the classic, classic plus, or standard nunchuk controls.
  • FreshyPFreshyP Don Cheadle Cyberspace Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    zero? in tatsunoko? ohhhhh mannnn!!!!!!
    edited January 2010
    FreshyP, I will own you in Tatsunoko, no matter if you use mega man AND zero!
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited January 2010
    I got $5 on FreshyP. UPSLynx is a terrible joke.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Perry will crush you!
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Larry,

Looking at your logic, why even release the game in the United States? Its obvious the core demographic that cares about the franchise is in Japan?

Seriously, never buying a Capcom title because you are the only US gamer that is upset about a platform decision that they made regarding Monster Hunter? I mean, nobody is more about sticking to your principles than I am, but come on bro...
    edited January 2010
    Trolls! all of ya!

I figured out Perry's secrets in Marvel vs. Capcom 2... he can't stop a technical fighter.

There's gonna be a throwdown.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited January 2010
    Who's the technical fighter? You can barely do Chun-Li combos man.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    flawless-victory-my-victory-it-is-f.jpg
    edited January 2010
    Oh come on, Eggroll can say anything he wants and everyone will take it as the ultimate smackdown.

He's azn like that.