Jones Cola unleashes a Sneak Attack +1d6

BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of PropagandaOKC Icrontian
edited February 2010 in Lifestyle

Comments

• ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    My nephew loves Jones soda's. The thanksgiving dinner pack was every bit as nasty as it sounds!!
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    $10.99 is a bit much for a good six pack of beer. I just can't pay that for soda, even if its got major geek cred.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Want.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    I use my +3 Tastebuds of Kwitko.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    fukken sold.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited January 2010
    I don't think Jones uses normal real cane sugar, despite the real sugar claim on its packaging. FYI

And aren't the sodas cheaper than 10.99/18.99 in an actual store?
    edited January 2010
    They may be cheaper in the store but they don't sell their "special" packs in stores. The only way to get them is to order them from Jones usually. As for your skepticism of the real cane sugar bit, if they list pure cane sugar in the ingredients (and they do) then that's what they use. If not the FDA wouldn't allow them to sell their product in US stores.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Me want. :D
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    $10.99 is a bit much for a good six pack of beer. I just can't pay that for soda, even if its got major geek cred.

I'm not sure what you consider good beer, but $11 would be a bit light for my tastes.

On Topic: The Thanksgiving set was nasty in an awesome way. There are some things that just should not be tasted in fizzy form, and most of them were of those things.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited January 2010
    ardichoke, I found what I was thinking of...

It's "inverted sugar," a sort of manufacturing of the sugar, I think to make it more like a high-fructose-corn-syrup.

I don't really know the details, except that I've glanced online saying it was as bad hfcs.

To be fair to Jones, I've only had the rootbeer, and in the can form, and it was better than average, but still no where near the best.
    edited January 2010
    They also have sugar free sodas too which I find to be quite tasty compared to other sugar free sodas. Mmm... splenda.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    An "inverted sugar" is simply a compound sugar that has been broken down into its components.

For example, table sugar (sucrose) is made of two molecules tied together: A glucose molecule and a fructose molecule. When you turn it into an invert sugar, you're simply taking those molecules apart. Curiously, invert table sugar is sweeter than its granular form. The easiest way to make cane sugar an invert sugar is to mix it with water and boil it (this makes simple syrup). I'd assume any soda that uses real cane sugar and processes it with heat is going to produce an invert sugar.

The truth is, however, an invert sugar is no worse for you than an equal amount of its base form. Unfortunately, as CB showed us in this post, even pure cane sugar is as bad as HFCS for the body.
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Like anything way too tasty for its(your) own good... "moderation".