Verizon revamps mobile plans

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited January 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    I'm curious if this effects those of us with Blackberry Smart Phones, as we're (technically) on different data plans. I'm assuming those plans remain the same?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    BlackBerry and Data plans have always been identical; they've just been named differently.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    This is excellent news. Too bad they don't just do it retroactively for current customers.
  • photodudephotodude Salt Lake, Utah Member
    edited January 2010
    I'm glad to see a data plan in the $10 range, I may reconsider a smartphone again. I was looking at the Samsung omnia for it's built in wifi, which eliminated any need for me to have a data plan. but verizon's mandatory data plan requirement caused me to accept a lesser phone.

all I want is a phone with the ability to open and edit office documents and wifi, without the data plans.
  • photodudephotodude Salt Lake, Utah Member
    edited January 2010
    Guess the phones I'm interested in require unlimited. from verizon's website "All Windows Mobile, Palm, BlackBerry and Android Smartphones require a data feature of $29.99 or higher or a data plan."
  • PetraPetra Palmdale, CA USA
    edited January 2010
    Just checked how this impacts their family plans and, well, it doesn't look like it'll save me anything. My plan right now provides 550 shared minutes (with unlimited nights, weekends, & Verizon mobile to mobile) for $50 + $9.99 for the second phone on the account + $29.99 for my BB data plan + $5 for text on the BB and $4.99 for insurance. So, $99.97/month for two phones and one of them is a BlackBerry.
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited January 2010
    I'm glad I read this. This will allow me to pay the same amount monthly but switch to unlimited texting while keeping the same number of call minutes.

Norge