Anyone know a way to monitor GPU load for Nvidia cards?

edited January 2010 in Hardware
I'm looking for a program that can monitor the gpu load being used in-game similar to what ATI Tray Tools has on its on-screen display. I couldn't find anything in riva tuner.

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    You could enable the load balance bar in the driver....can't remember where it is in the newer ones. That may be only for SLI though...hmmmm
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited April 2008
    Riva tuner has the GPU usage in the monitor tools for it. Click the video card menu button, choose the magnifying glass, and customize the menu.
  • edited April 2008
    Riva tuner has the GPU usage in the monitor tools for it. Click the video card menu button, choose the magnifying glass, and customize the menu.
    I see lots of temp and fan monitors in there but none that say GPU usage/load. There are some graphics acceleration ones too but those don't seem to be what i'm looking for either. Could you tell me what version are you using and what the actual listing is called? Thanks.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited April 2008
    Oh yeah, I forgot the 1900 doesn't have a tracker for that function.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    heat output will be directly correlated to gpu load. Max temp ~ full load. Min temp ~ no load. Interpolate between :)
  • edited April 2008
    shwaip wrote:
    heat output will be directly correlated to gpu load. Max temp ~ full load. Min temp ~ no load. Interpolate between :)
    But surely there's something out there that actually measures the load, right?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Not actually.
  • mew905mew905 Saskatchewan
    edited January 2010
    Caxus wrote:
    But surely there's something out there that actually measures the load, right?

Sorry for the necro-posting:

nVidia System Monitor 6.05 can do it. But it's hardly efficient. F@H uses 95% of the GPU, CS:S uses 16% (GPU FB usage is framebuffer, or vRAM), at 16xaa and 16xaf it uses 75% GPU, 100% FB on a GTX 260 @ 1680x1050 max settings.

Hope that helps, I'm looking for a gadget that will be more efficient (System monitor is a hog on its own)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Not sure what all you want to monitor. Give EVGA Precision a try. It monitors cores, fans speeds, core clock, shader clock, and memory clock. You can GPU overclock on the fly. Oh, also, it shows multiple GPUs in one easy-to-read window.

Thanks for Folding!
  • edited January 2010
    GPU-Z 0.3.8 ?
    2243_01.gif
    edited January 2010
    NICE find!
  • SerpSerp Texas Member
    edited January 2010
    The newest version of EVGA Precision had a GPU usage monitoring function now.

You can add it to the on screen display so you can watch it during gameplay.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    "Nvidia system monitor" has an options in settings to put an on screen display...

Rivatuner also has this feature accessible from "Background Monitoring"
    edited January 2010
    I cant find it in GPU Z 3.8, Rivatuner 2.4c, nor EVGA Precision. I'd love for Rivatuner to have it, so I can put it in the OSD as well as my rivatuner gadget. Everest doesnt do it either.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    systemmonitor.jpg

Nvidia system monitor. :D
    edited January 2010
    Yeah but it feels bulky and unresponsive as hell. Everest 1.5.0 features GPU load monitoring now, and I love it. Here's my setup for the GPU monitor gadget for Rivatuner. This was done in conjunction with the Everest plugin.

monitor.jpg

Yeah, that's right. My GTX 260 is using a mere 30.6 watts :rockon:
    And that 136w usage there is the entire PC, 12v3 and 12v4 are the PCI-e connections for my GPU. The total system usage will dip as low as 47 watts if I switch to the power saver power plan on Windows 7.