Machine Freezes - Vista Business

osaddictosaddict London, UK
edited February 2010 in Hardware
We have a Vostro 220s running Vista Business connected to an LCD in one of our meeting rooms. This seems to freeze whilst using it at regular intervals.

Looking at the system event log just prior to the freezing gives no clues.

I've ran Memtest86 for an entire weekend with no issues what so ever.

The PC isn't inside a cabinet / doesn't have it's vents blocked or anything.

I tried running OCCT which stated it could only run for CPU, so I tried this for a weekend too - the machine froze at around midnight on Friday, what I did see of the test looked fine though.

Does anyone have any other clues, besides attempting a reformat (which I may do just to eliminate it, despite the fact I think it's hardware).

Cheers.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Hard drive test?
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited January 2010
    Also check the page file settings and see if it's been messed with at all - if the page file is disabled or set manually to a very low amount of space (less than double the amount of RAM in the PC counts as low), the PC may eventually crash due to being out of memory.
  • osaddictosaddict London, UK
    edited February 2010
    @Thrax, Just run sea tools - Short, Acoustic and Long - all passed.

@LordBean - I shall check that when I get a chance - I'd be very surprised if it's anything but the default settings from Dell. I'm the only one with admin rights on that machine and I have not tinkered with it.

(The PC is often in use, if its not, the meeting room is! - I seldom get a look in!)

It's looking more and more like a rebuild is in order - the various hardware tests have not thrown up any errors :/