Battlefield: Bad Company 2

ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
edited February 2010 in Gaming
Anyone joining Bad Company? I'm thinking of pre-ordering it for beta access and the extra in-game items you get. I think it looks pretty cool but online games tend to suck if you don't know anyone to play with IMO, especially squad based shooters.

Bad Company 2 has a 32 player limit and full support for private servers. It's available at Steam here. Online Beta starts today.

Comments

• doozerdoozer Florida Member
    edited January 2010
    I pre-ordered mine about a week ago, a bunch of friends from my hometown are all about the battlefield series. We'll be rampaging through servers doing our usual shenanigans until we get booted or bored.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Played the hell out of 1, very much looking forward to 2. Only decision is which platform to buy it on.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    I have a ton of beta codes... PM me for one until i run out :)
    edited January 2010
    Played BETA last night until ~2am.

'nuff said.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Played a few rounds of the beta last night on PC. I had a weird bug where sometimes it acted like a directional key stuck and I'd just travel in that direction until I tapped the key again. Other than that, it's a blast.
    edited January 2010
    I have a ton of beta keys still... gave out a handful so far.. just ask for one in a PM.

but yes there are some bugs and issues. The BC2 team has been pretty good about updating the community & in game text stream... I figure by next week it will be much more solid.
    edited January 2010
    Ingame nicks, boys, lets friend 'em up!

NiGHTS
    edited January 2010
    Sledgehammer70
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    The friends system doesn't seem to work yet. Maybe you can add people through the EA account stuff out of game but in-game I haven't found any way to accept friend requests.
    edited January 2010
    It's on the main menu (out-of-game). It says "Friend Requests" on the right side after logging in with your EA account.

Anyway, mine is: Cyclonite.
    edited January 2010
    d00zer (two zero's). Not sure if it includes clan tag in the search, but just incase it's [ZX-14].
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Have you guys actually accepted friend requests though? I know it's possible to search peoples names and send them requests but that's pointless if no one can accept them.
    edited January 2010
    Yes.
    edited January 2010
    I still have like 30 codes left :)
    edited February 2010
    Yes i still have codes left.
    edited February 2010
    Would you be able to share two? I have a couple friends who I'd like to get hooked. :)
    edited February 2010
    Sure... its funny I have had 12 people who joined IC just to get codes... I guess they are a hot item.
    edited February 2010
    Sure... its funny I have had 12 people who joined IC just to get codes... I guess they are a hot item.

I namedropped on reddit. ;)
    edited February 2010

Can you shoot me a PM with 'em? :)
    edited February 2010
    NiGHTS wrote:
    I namedropped on reddit. ;)

They are stalking me on Facebook now...
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Sledge, its because of your massive heatsink
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    fileplanet is also giving away keys.
    edited February 2010
    I haven't had any success adding friends but if you want to try:

vv1nfr3y
  • CrisCris Buenos Aires, Arg
    edited February 2010
    Obsidian wrote:
    Anyone joining Bad Company? I'm thinking of pre-ordering it for beta access and the extra in-game items you get. I think it looks pretty cool but online games tend to suck if you don't know anyone to play with IMO, especially squad based shooters.

Bad Company 2 has a 32 player limit and full support for private servers. It's available at Steam here. Online Beta starts today.

I preordered via Steam and tried out the beta, looks like a very decent shooter, it's just a pity that you have to download the hole thing and only get to play one map, feels more like a demo than a beta.

One thing regarding the preorder deal, I read somewhere that it does not bring any extra stuff, it's all in-game stuff that you just unlock earlier instead of unlocking it by leveling up. If I had known that I would have kept myself from preordering it, as I too thought that the so called "Limited Edition" comes with exclusives but it's all BS.

See the Steam forum for more details: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1121562
    edited February 2010
    Cris wrote:
    I preordered via Steam and tried out the beta, looks like a very decent shooter, it's just a pity that you have to download the hole thing and only get to play one map, feels more like a demo than a beta.

I agree on this note as well. It feels exactly like the other Battlefield demos. Except maybe more buggy.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited February 2010
    You guys make me jealous. I slacked the news of this beta, and lost my chance at a key. If anyone has any left I would really appreciate one. I have been an avid player of ALL the Battlefield series to date, and this one looks like BF2 on steroids, which is exactly what I was hoping for. Well I was hoping for Bf2 on the crysis engine, with some new ways to force teamwork. I guess BFBC2 is the closest to THAT as I will get.