Google Buzz is for lazy idiots

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited February 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    So it's kinda like the Google News of social networking?

I love the "terrified legion" bit, btw. Well done. :thumbsup:
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Who paid you to opinionate Thrax? Go back to posting numbers.

Seriously though, I don't necessarily agree with you. I like the fact that it will notify people of updates on my other Google products that they don't otherwise get notified about (for instance when I upload photos to my Picasa). Seems like it's just Google taking their disparate products and stitch them together into an overarching social media behemoth. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, especially since I really hate Facebook and would love to see Google develop something that could push it out of my life. This doesn't do that totally, but it's a step in the right direction. Furthermore, not everyone has a Google account. I know probably about a dozen people that don't (and I don't know many people, I'm kind of a social shut-in).
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Honestly Buzz fills no need that I don't already have in multiple places already. I feel a bit invaded with it being apart of my mail. I don't want another tab on the left side of my screen.

I love the image you used for this... I need to wacth that movie again :)
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    PROTIP: You can turn Google Buzz off and remove the tab
  • lmorchardlmorchard {web,mad,computer} scientist Portland, OR Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Just to keep the rant about ignorant and lazy users going... have you seen this gem - in particular the comments?

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/facebook_wants_to_be_your_one_true_login.php

I'm afraid if this social web stuff is made *too* easy, it'll be like rolling over a log to find all the shambling hordes of morons drowning in their own saliva.
  • ZadokZadok Ft. Wayne, IN
    edited February 2010
    @Imorchard, That is hilarious. The amount of clueless people commenting on that blog is astounding.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Look at all those pillow droolers...
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2010
    I'll use this over facebook on account of I don't have to deal with all the other crap that exists in facebook. Probably also over twitter, because I've been to lazy to sign on with twitter.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I agree with you for the most part, Thrax, but I think it is because Google learned from the failures of Jaiku and Wave that they forced Buzz into your existing Gmail app. Otherwise it would certainly fail as well, in a market segment that's already very well served by twitter.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    As I said:
    It’s an application that just happens to call the Gmail menu home and, great Jaiku’s ghost, it does so because Google knows that it would fail...
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Oops. Missed that line, in that case I happen to agree with your entire assessment.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    >comments of the blog

>"I truly love Faceback."

>facepalm