Adding an extra GPU for more PPD?

2»

Comments

• TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I've done all that except for turning the PC on with no monitors attached. I tried putting my main monitors cable in the other DVI port on the 4870, but it still identified it as monitor #1, with only 800 by 600 and 1024 by 768 as options.

Also, I've noticed that if I turn the computer on and off, sometimes it "loses" whatever folding work units it was on and starts over at 0.
    edited February 2010
    If I were to find a motherboard with 3-4 PCI-E X16 slots on it, like an MSI K9A2 Platinum, would it be the same to set up 4 GPUs? Everything just like the dual GPU but 4 times instead of 2?
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    yes, I would caution you on with the k9a2 because when I was working retail we had most of those boards come back with problems.
    edited February 2010
    Were those K9A2's the CF version with 2 GPU slots, or the Platinum version with 4?

Any suggested boards with 3-4 or more PCI Express X16 slots? I've seen 1 or 2 with as many as 7 slots! An Asus model.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Platinum
    edited February 2010
    From what I've been able to find out, it seems like the K9A2's don't like the 125 watt CPUs, even though they are rated for them, 95 or lower watt CPUs seem to be okay.