Theme of the Week: favorite musical genres

GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz QueenMountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
edited June 2010 in Lifestyle

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Alternative. It was a movement in the 90s, but I still use that to describe the type of music I enjoy most and, to me, comes from the same background: Fall Out Boy, Third Eye Blind, The Hush Sound (maybe they bleed into Indie?), even The Postal Service and Ludo.
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    edited February 2010
    I have never understood the music genre. I have no clue how to classify the music I listen too. I either like it or don't. I listen too a lot of the bands in the article so it was interesting to see how they are classified. Thanks for the article.
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Prog rock definately. Dream Theater = hell yeah. John Petrucci is my biggest guitar influence along with Dave Murry.
  • JasonJason H. R. Chufnstuf PDX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    BLACK FUCKING METAL!!!
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Jason wrote:
    BLACK FUCKING METAL!!!

See, why couldn't you say that in the original thread? Then we could have posted that under impassioned pleas. :)
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Jason wrote:
    BLACK FUCKING METAL!!!

Hell yeahs. Immortal, anyone?
  • edited February 2010
    Radio91P wrote:
    I have never understood the music genre. I have no clue how to classify the music I listen too. I either like it or don't. I listen too a lot of the bands in the article so it was interesting to see how they are classified. Thanks for the article.

Neither can I. Unless someone points out the differences to me, I won't know them at all. My aim is to enjoy the music, and leave the critical appreciation part to someone else. :D
  • edited March 2010
    Did I blink and miss Jeff Buckley in the article? What genre would he fall under anyway?
  • floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich New
    edited June 2010
    Musical genre?

It moves me.

That'll do :)