GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz QueenMountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
edited February 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Completely ridiculous.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    The double standard is deliciously fucking ridiculous.
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    "It's Outrageous, egregious, preposterous!"
    What a lame-ass excuse. Why don't they just get to the point and admit that Sports Illustrated and Playboy worked out some lucrative deals with them (Apple). All three stand to make bank if they have essentially monopolized the female form as viewed through Apple's devices (not counting indirectly via safari, dropbox, etc.).
  • edited February 2010
    You gotta love the two faced industry. I might agree with this if it wasn't for how did Snarkasm put it "double standard".
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Hi, Clifford. You should totally register. ;)
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I say, it would seem that the good blokes over at Apple are distinguished gentlemen that would never desire to see women portrayed as images of lust, oh no. That would simply be rubbish. Quite.
  • edited February 2010
    You talked me into it Thrax :D
  • clifford_cooleyclifford_cooley Arkansas, USA Member
    edited February 2010
    OK, I'm good to go now :D
    I found where I need to be for posting
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited February 2010
    I personally think all these 'half-naked girls' apps are silly and are of no loss to the app store. Yet, I am strongly opposed to the suppressive nature of sexuality in our culture. So the question is, are these apps just part of a healthy sexual diet or degrading/perverted. Each case is unique I imagine.
    edited February 2010
    suppressive nature of sexuality in our culture
    When exactly did sexually become a part of our culture to be shared with everyone? Last I checked it was something shared among two people and has always been that way. Anyone who is happy at home with their spouse should not talk about sex with anyone other than their partner. It will only open the doors to cheating no matter how much you think you can control yourself. And the images make it harder to control your thoughts and conversations.

Anyway right or wrong, thats how I feel.
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited February 2010

And I'm sure there are a lot of people who agree with you including a lot of people within my family as well. I respect that.

Yet I'm just saying I don't, and therefore I have a small problem with this move made by Apple. I'm just going to leave it at that though because I'm sure the Icrontic gods are not fond of political/spiritual/sexual debates.
    edited February 2010
    I'm sure the Icrontic gods are not fond of political/spiritual/sexual debates
    True, :)
    I said my say. I wasn't going to extend it further.
  • edited February 2010
    Apple can sell whatever they want, it is their freedom and decision. But, when they restrict the apps on their devices with the apps from their store, this becomes imposing their decisions on everyone. There is the problem. I don't and won't have an IPhone/IPad/ITouch anyway.
  • spin498spin498 mississauga ON New
    edited February 2010
    Are they getting advice from the Aussies or giving it?
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Is anyone honestly arguing about how dressed/undressed these women are when you have access to the internet? Do you not download these apps from an online store?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    When exactly did sexually become a part of our culture to be shared with everyone? Last I checked it was something shared among two people and has always been that way. Anyone who is happy at home with their spouse should not talk about sex with anyone other than their partner. It will only open the doors to cheating no matter how much you think you can control yourself. And the images make it harder to control your thoughts and conversations.

slippery_slope.png
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for comparing me to the guy at the bottom of the slope. It's funny though that you showed a cartoon to prove how things are not getting worse when in fact you showed how they are getting worse. From a biblical stand point, I have nothing further to say, because honestly it will do no good. I'm out, see you in the next thread.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    to each his own... that's my motto. As long as no one is getting hurt I am happy to let people make their own choices. I have issues when another, be it a person, religion, business, or government, imposes their beliefs/ morals upon me. Double standards, partial enforcement, varing repercussions for identical actions... those things tick me off.

If Apple want to be the Moral Police on their own store front. good for them but, by damn, they had better be consistent and ban all offensive material and not just those that do not make it money.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for comparing me to the guy at the bottom of the slope. It's funny though that you showed a cartoon to prove how things are not getting worse when in fact you showed how they are getting worse. From a biblical stand point, I have nothing further to say, because honestly it will do no good. I'm out, see you in the next thread.

Clifford, Don't let Thrax get to ya. Its hard for him, living his life a social misfit, a deviant in every possible way. ;) I mean, he run's Intel, freaking Intel, and only drinks wheat beer, seriously, the guy has serious issues. ;)

I suggest we both pray for him....
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Can I pray to Dhumavati for him?
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Clifford, Don't let Thrax get to ya. Its hard for him, living his life a social misfit, a deviant in every possible way. ;) I mean, he run's Intel, freaking Intel, and only drinks wheat beer, seriously, the guy has serious issues. ;)

I suggest we both pray for him....

Hey, being a deviant in some ways isn't a problem. ;)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited February 2010

TMI!
    edited February 2010

Oh, and Clifford, I forgot to mention, he hangs out with Gnome Queen. Pray for our brotha Thrax, pray hard, and pray often so the good lord shall heal his twisted soul!!!
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    MUAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH. I AM THE CORRUPTER.
    edited February 2010
    MUAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH. I AM THE CORRUPTER.

Sex talk, save it for the bedroom! Be healed you vile temptress!!
    edited February 2010
    Wait a second. The allowance of interracial marriage, early-term abortions, and gay marriage are worse for the world?

/me grabs some popcorn.
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited February 2010
    mirage wrote:
    Apple can sell whatever they want, it is their freedom and decision. But, when they restrict the apps on their devices with the apps from their store, this becomes imposing their decisions on everyone. There is the problem. I don't and won't have an IPhone/IPad/ITouch anyway.

?

Wait. So if I decide not to sell you something you would otherwise buy it's me who is imposing something on you?

So we should be able to force individuals or companies to sell what we want them to?

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you, but that's what it sounds like you're saying.
    edited February 2010
    They're not selling the apps - they're (arbitrarily) preventing other people from selling their apps.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Snarkasm wrote:
    They're not selling the apps - they're (arbitrarily) preventing other people from selling their apps.
    BINGO... :thumbup
  • KoreishKoreish
    reaches over to snag some popcorn from Snark.

I love this part.
    I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    reaches over to snag some popcorn from Snark.

I love this part.