What's your favorite place in the WoW?

TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
edited June 2010 in Gaming
I'm not talking about your favorite raid or daily quest or 5 man or things like that, I mean what is your favorite location for whatever reason, be it in a city or out in the middle of a zone?

There's a lot of good scenery in a lot of places, but I'd have to say that my favorite area is Westfall.

Sometimes I go there, ride up on a hilltop, and just look around, and listen to the ambient music. If it's night time, I'll ride over to the coastline where I can see the lighthouse and out over the ocean, look up at the stars, etc. It's easy to imagine what Westfall might have been like in better times, with farms, a functional town, and people. When now-ruined remains of buildings were new and in good condition and all that, before it was largely abandoned.

From what I've read, there's going to be some big changes to Azeroth and Kalimdor with Cataclysm comes out, I hope Westfall doesn't get changed too much. My 80 hunter will take his Turbo Roflcopter out over Westfall and see it in a whole new way.

:jokke:

Comments

• SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited March 2010
    Black Rock Mountains. The inside is the most epic piece of landscape they have made to date in my opinion.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Zangarmarsh. For some reason I absolutely loved Zangarmarsh. I feel like the Outlands as a whole are some of the most beautiful and interesting zones in the game.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Zangarmarsh. For some reason I absolutely loved Zangarmarsh. I feel like the Outlands as a whole are some of the most beautiful and interesting zones in the game.

Yeah man, Zang was awesome and had great music.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    there's music in WoW?....

to me, Feralas was the most beautiful area. Hills and old buildings

070106_Feralas.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Crystalsong Forest is amazingly pretty too, but nobody ever gets to see it because it's overshadowed by the very important thing that floats above it.
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    I'm going total Alucard Legg here, but the Plaguelands + their corresponding instances are some of my favorites. I also like the design of Zul'Drak, Deadwind Pass, and Eversong Woods/Ghostlands. Actually, now that I think about it - I like the art design of Silvermoon, even though the city isn't all that great practically.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited March 2010
    I liked the barrens & thousand needles. lots of lonery guys there eager to give me loot and money. Bunch of suckers.
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited March 2010
    Probably Hillsbrad Foothills, but I also really liked Darkshore and Ashenvale Forest.
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Not sure it is my favorite... but Nagrand (specifically flying to a floating rock in nagrand) was always cool.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Nagrand always seemed like one of the most Earth-like places in WoW to me. Except for the floating rocks, of course, but I like flying up to the rocks also. Sometimes I'd put the characters to /sleep up there and log out, like they camped up there overnight or something.
  • coldalarmcoldalarm England, UK
    edited March 2010
    Mulgore.
    I remember, last summer, questing through Mulgore at 2-3am with a fish finger sandwich and no one bothering me. It was absolutely brilliant, and it's a feeling I've rarely had in games.
    edited March 2010
    Fish have fingers?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Some do.

2146101523_3ebdb556f4.jpg
  • coldalarmcoldalarm England, UK
    edited March 2010
    Indeed, and they taste A-OK!
  • edited April 2010
    For me it would have to be Howling FJord, stepping off the the zeplin(<3 Horde) for the first time and enjoying the view and music...before the countless hours of grindig started.
  • HalfricanHalfrican West Lafayette
    edited May 2010
    Walking into Ulduar the first time was one of the best things I have ever seen, looking off into the distance and seeing all those Iron Dwarves waiting for us. And the buildings looked awesome as well
  • kirklakkirklak Hurricane
    edited June 2010
    I would have to say by far one of the most relaxing places in wow is Negrand. I love flying around all the floating hills. It is very peaceful there when i am not killing little Alliance members.;D
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited June 2010
    I can only remember nagrand for the grind I did for my Black War Talbuk these days... Not the most relaxing time :(
  • Dark_RadeonDark_Radeon Michigan
    edited June 2010
    The Barrens.

Fo' reals!
    edited June 2010
    I actually really like the Barrens too. My first character was a Tauren; I didn't realize how cemented the Barrens had become in my mind as "home" until I went off and leveled an Alliance character.

The first time my higher level Alliance character had to go through the Barrens; the scenery and the war drums felt like coming home.

It was nostalgic and weird.

And yeah, I think the barrens are awesome.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    i have get a lot of knowledge after the study of this forum.
    i have some confusions about that and i want to discuss it some one..
    Alright, let us do it of this then. Please start your topic for discuss.