CoreStatus = 63 (99)

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited March 2010 in Folding@Home
SMP2 gives me an error everytime I complete a wu and the client doesn't restart itself. I have to reboot each and every time and this is a real pain.
Also, it was doing this with just the regular SMP client as well and I suppose I thought SMP2 would fix it somehow but it hasn't.

This is the deino version and I use flags -smp -deino -forceasm

Any suggestions? Got questions? System is in my sig.

thanks,
:csimon:

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    use MPICH
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Cool ...why?
    edited March 2010
    It requires less to launch and run plus it's what everyone else uses.
    edited March 2010
    So far I have disabled the UAC. I won't know if that works until the next wu.
    If this doesn't work I might just install the MPICH like you advise.

Thanks.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    I cannot explain either the error that you report or its cause.

I agree with _K_ - use MPICH. It is more popular for a reason.
    edited March 2010
    If you want to start getting technical with it I would put money on it being the internal validation/certification process that DEINO uses especially with it doing at the end of each WU. First guess and that would be my best since DEINO uses some silly validation system that is over complicated and that is where the majority of problems used to be generated with that client.
    edited March 2010
    Stanford isn't much help on the MPI recommendations. Everything I've read says to use the MPICH if you have 64bit Windows otherwise use DEINO. What gives?
    edited March 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    If you want to start getting technical with it I would put money on it being the internal validation/certification process that DEINO uses especially with it doing at the end of each WU. First guess and that would be my best since DEINO uses some silly validation system that is over complicated and that is where the majority of problems used to be generated with that client.

I admit I haven't been paying much attention over the past few years. But I just don't understand why Stanford doesn't give better direction on such issues.
    edited March 2010
    ?? I just got told to use the MPICH by mas0n when I started. I tried to get the DEINO up at one point and failed for 30 minutes. Why they tell you to use DEINO beats me since MPICH is so easy to set-up and use since its just like the single core client, the only hard part is the .bat file run from admin cmd line.
    edited March 2010
    Idunno ...I haven't had issues with SMP until recently. It's always worked flawlessly. I'm at 74% complete on a project: 2653 (R7, C128,G145) ...which usually pays well for me.
    Should be done almost 9 hrs. from now.
    edited March 2010
    When you download and reinstall, ensure that you follow the installation guide to the letter.
    edited March 2010
    For what it's worth, take a look at this FahWiki error code guide:
    This error has been noted when switching from one version of the Windows SMP to another. Apparently a WU started with one version of MPI cannot be completed with the other version. If you need to switch versions, use the -oneunit flag to finish the current WU first or discard the active WU.
    edited March 2010
    Leonardo wrote:
    When you download and reinstall, ensure that you follow the installation guide to the letter.

I've uninstalled Deino and reinstalled MPICH. First thing I've noticed so far is that Fahmon is reporting about 440ppd? I was getting 1250ppd on Deino ...maybe I missed something.

Which installation guide are you referring to specifically?
    edited March 2010
    440ppd?
    Did you add the "-smp" flag to the start up parameters? If not, your client will download a unicore work unit, which would be a low production unit.
    edited March 2010
    you need -smp and -advmethods, plus use a passkey to get the SMP2 bonus points. Oh and the drop in binary.
    edited March 2010
    K, isn't the drop-in integrated with the installation file download now?

Csimon, did you assign a passkey yet to your Folding clients? You can run them pefectly without a passkey, but you cannot collect bonus points without it.
    edited March 2010
    Honestly I have no idea if they have yet or not. The last few times it took them so many months I don't bother check I simply tell people to use the drop-in and I do the same whenever I have to do an install.
    edited March 2010
    Here are my config settings:

[settings]
    username=csimon
    team=93
    asknet=no
    bigpackets=big
    machineid=1
    local=304
    extra_parms=-smp -forceasm
    passkey=[removed for security reasons]

[http]
    active=no
    host=localhost
    port=8080
    usereg=no

[core]
    checkpoint=30
    ignoredeadlines=no
    nocpulock=0
    addr=

[clienttype]
    type=3

I am folding as a service.

Correction make that 411.22ppd. I definitely think I am folding unicore wu.
    edited March 2010
    was is the name of the .exe that is running when you are running MPICH smp.
    edited March 2010
    Folding@home-Win32-x86.exe & FahCore_a3.exe

Current Work Unit
    Name: Gromacs
    Tag: P6023R0C41G45
    Download time: March 3 03:28:57
    Due time: March 9 03:28:57
    Progress: 74% [|||||||___]
    edited March 2010
    You need to be using HFM.NET, it calculates the bonus from SMP2 WUs which is why you are getting 411ppd. That low of a number its just from the base value of the WU without bonus calc......and PunkBuster honestly?
    edited March 2010
    Fahmon had been working fine for me so I never switched. I'm giving it a shot. Punkbuster? LOL ...I'm sentimental.

Ok, it's up and running and I see 1143.2ppd now. I'll buy that!
    Will the ppd increase during the night when I'm not on here?
    edited March 2010
    Only if you are using programs that pull heavy resources.
    edited March 2010
    K ...lookie here!
    edited March 2010
    Credit, 1514. For an older dual core processor, that sounds about right for a Core A3 work unit. Looks good, Chris.

Make sure you periodically update the clients database in HFM.net. BTW, I dumped FahMon a couple months ago and don't miss it. It was great for its time, but it just hasn't kept up with advances.
    edited March 2010
    Leo wasn't EMIII from the weatherman the last monitor we buried a few years ago?

Thanks for all of your help _k_ I truly do appreciate it. I go way back to the original Icrontic with Leo and the gang. This has restored my virility with F@h once again.

:csimon:
    edited March 2010
    I have an HFM.net question. When I exit and restart the monito I lose my configuration settings. Like I have to tell it to add the client each time. The actual setting remain the same though. What am I doing wrong?

Nevermind ...I had to include a path of the configuration to load.
    I may be slow but I'm ...well slow. LOL
    And now I'm showing 1228.63ppd. It's getting better.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    There's an option to fix that. You have to save the configuration to a file then tell it to load the last open configuration on startup. I'd tell you exactly where to do this, but I'm not at my HFM.net box currently.
    edited March 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    There's an option to fix that. You have to save the configuration to a file then tell it to load the last open configuration on startup. I'd tell you exactly where to do this, but I'm not at my HFM.net box currently.
    I found it thanks ardi. Edit>Preferences>Startup>Configuration File>Filename>".cfg path"
    edited March 2010
    Now I'm starting to see like 1355ppd and 1583 credit. How does that sound for an old rig?