Mind of UPSLynx for the week of March 1st

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited March 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Math Munchers! Ha!

Hey bro, we need to thicken your lather a little bit. It looked on the weak side.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Awesome Bobby, I loved the opening.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    I just knew you'd call me out on that lather!

I wasn't actually planning on shaving for the episode, so I made a quick, weaksauce lather to not waste so much of the proraso.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Wow, emotions run rampant in my mind while watching this. I shall dub this the "Emotional Mind" episode. As such, I feel the need to break up my thoughts into the following:

1. Man. The news of your camera hit me like a pile of bricks sent by the Gravity Gun itself. I knew very well your attachment to that babe. You stubbornly refused to shoot Unit Video footage with anything else. You claimed it was for consistency. Nay. You did it out of blind love.

We shall all miss the silicon eye that was there to bear witness to otherwise untold amounts of hilarity. May you rest in peace, Sony Cybershot "Slim" of UPSLynx.

P.S.: My fat CyberShot brother to your "Slim" is still alive and kicking. Perhaps yours needed some Copious Amount of Boisterous Adhesive.

2. LOL :D

3. Yay games for OSX users. I guess.

4. Portzebie is the master troll, for reasons we have already agreed upon in the past (LOL). This is only yet another medal to adorn his fuzzy chest. Though I must admit, he earned it. Him and Eggroll both.

And they aren't far from the truth, are they Lynx? Zing.

5. The Ion II intrigues me. Maybe I should hold off a little bit longer in my quest for a gaming laptop. I -would- like one that has more than an hour's worth of battery while still being able to play TF2 at EPIC 2010.

5a. EDIT: Wait, nevermind. Didn't catch at first that the Ion is for netbooks. I need something nice for a full-sized gaming notebook at an affordable price. The search continues?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    I, for one, am glad for that camera's passing. Perhaps future IC event videos will herald the wonder of <i>contrast</i>.
    edited March 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    I, for one, am glad for that camera's passing. Perhaps future IC event videos will herald the wonder of contrast.

hahaha, I know, I know. The camera dying did me a favor, now moderately dark environments will actually be shoot-worthy.

You know Bandrik, I'm really surprised it died honestly. Probably just took too many beatings, who knows. The thing is dinged up, scratched, and features many dents. It still works, but will turn itself off after short usage and throw up a card read error. Leaving it turned off for an hour brings it back, but meh.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    YOU'VE MADE FILMS. WHAT HAVE _I_ DONE?
  • edited March 2010
    Lynx, you are crossing the border of professional quality.
    edited March 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    It still works, but will turn itself off after short usage and throw up a card read error. Leaving it turned off for an hour brings it back, but meh.

Ah, just retire it to the Shelf of Honor. Place it proudly next to the Plunger of Fortitude +2 (or whatever it meant in French). It's a hallmark to the days of Four-East. It deserves to stand proudly for all to marvel, and will eventually be immortalized in the Lynx Museum. :D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Too true. I was watching it, thinking, I'm sure he could do something amazing if you gave him a budget.
    edited March 2010
    Oh, I had to add in, I absolutely loved the perfect timing of the shovel to the music. It just went together perfectly, as if it was one of those classic Looney Tunes-era cartoons. Magnificent, a truly worthy eulogy.
    edited March 2010
    Oh, the camera isn't getting tossed out, no worries there.

I love filmmaking, just about every aspect of it, not just the computer graphics/ VFX portions. If I had a budget, and proper equipment, I could move mountains. And maybe people. Making something like this eulogy is frigging difficult with just one man and a point-and-shoot on a tripod.

Prime, wondering if you recognized the first song that played in the Eulogy...
    edited March 2010
    Bandrik wrote:
    Oh, I had to add in, I absolutely loved the perfect timing of the shovel to the music. It just went together perfectly, as if it was one of those classic Looney Tunes-era cartoons. Magnificent, a truly worthy eulogy.

I've been waiting for MONTHS to use that song in a video. I knew it would be perfect, I just needed a good subject.
  • portzebieportzebie Arteest Utah, USA Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Troll of the Week! I shall adorn this honor with pride for as long as I live!

Awesome vid, Lynx, just like always.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    LMAO!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA THAT IS GREAT LYNX!!!!
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    What a great premise for a game. Lynx avenges the death of his Cybershot and frantically tries to seek a proper burial. In on the 4-pack.
    edited March 2010
    I'm in on the 4-pack too! ...Designers and idea-givers never get the perks :/
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited March 2010
    Great video, thanks for sharing.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Ion 2 looks like some fun technology. The GPU scaling isn't exactly new though. The laptop I bought last spring has a 9400M card in it that does similar things. The problem I have though is that the way they do it it heavily software dependent which means it basically doesn't work for Linux. Is Ion 2 going to be doing this at a lower level removing the software requirements?
  • wahaywahay Cincinnati, OH Member
    edited March 2010
    *applause*