Dear Remedy: I hate you

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• Rag
    edited March 2010
    Hey, I completely understand what you think and I am pissed off too, but that doesn't mean that Alan Wake will be a good game.

I upgraded my computer to play this game and even pre-ordered it back in 2005. Then I heard that the developement had been stopped. Why would Remedy do that?

Well they didn't, because that was Microsof's decision. Remedy WOULD LOVE to bring the game on PC and I so would I. However, I am still going to play this game with my friend on his 360. Life is harsh, but a game cancelled on a certain platform isn't going to stop me playing this game.
  • edited March 2010
    No need to kick a dead horse but you need to get a life or just an Xbox 360. I can understand your grief but pal there are much worse problems occupying the space between you and me. Like Remedy would actually take heed and have an about-face. They are a business and so is MS. MS needs you to buy an Xbox 360 so for now they will make you wait or simply believe that Alan Wake won't be coming to the PC.

I just hope Alan Wake will turn out to be everything we all hope it will be as it really need to be. After so many years in development they are going to have to sell quite a number of copies to break even. No doubt Alan Wake 2 and 3 will follow, they need to amortize and make effective use of all those assets and years tweaking that engine.

I should not have mentioned that you should get a life. That's a little harsh from me but there are more important things in life and besides... if you were planning on playing Alan Wake on the PC that means you got a pretty massive rig. Meaning that you have been able to enjoy some truly great PC games for the last 3 to 4 years or so. You can't have everything in life! That's that!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Deliberate hyperbole is lost on some people.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    It isn't just Alan Wake I'm concerned with. I'm much more worried about the Max Payne series. Canning Alan Wake on the PC was simply the final straw. Remedy went too far.

Plus, I'm a PC gamer. I don't have a 360 to play Alan Wake on. Even if I did, I'd be hard pressed to be convinced that I'd want to play that game on a gamepad.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited March 2010
    :respect: Lynx ;D
    edited March 2010
    These are my favorite comments ever.
  • edited March 2010
    Thrax, I love you.
  • edited March 2010
    I decided to give Remedy its games back, one megapixel at a time.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Epic not putting GOW2 on PC, and Lucasarts taking their sweet old time on Force Unleashed also comes to mind.

Roots, gotta remember where you come from yo, keep it real I say, don't abandon your hood, the people that made you who you are, all that jazz.
  • edited March 2010
    Oh, boohoo! Get over it!
  • edited March 2010
    Remedy never owned the Max Payne IP. 3D Realms did and they are the ones that sold it to Rockstar.

It is out of their hand whether or not Alan Wake comes to PC. 100% Microsoft decision.

So just get over it
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    I will fight you Bob Dole! Don't think you can hide forever in your museum in Kansas!
  • edited March 2010
    Dear UPS Lynx,

Remedy called me this afternoon in tears. It had just read your letter, you brute.

Oh, and get over it!!!
  • SquatSquat Michigan
    edited March 2010
    Hilarious, loved it. Thanks Lynx
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    Probably this is another M$ effort to force game players to its console. They did the same thing to the MechWarrior series (remember "Lone Wolf"?) and did the same with Halo - when M$ took it over, Halo was being developed as a Mac game. Mac users were assured there would still be a Mac version alongside the PC version. M$ lied to both groups. Trying to force everyone onto an Xbox is an old, very old, story.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    "The final gunshot was an exclamation mark to everything that had led to this point. I released my finger from the trigger. And then it was over."
    edited March 2010
    I love this thread!!!

I WILL NOT GET OVER IT! YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE!

Winfrey, that pic made me LOL. Have you ever seen the pics of me when I went as Max for Halloween?

max.jpg

It was my finest moment. Until I was Honest Abe.
    max.jpg 44.2K
    edited March 2010
    http://www.n4g.com/NewsPendingCom-499343.aspx?CT=1&Page=1&Page2=1#C3495029

Check out the comment from user XDF (you'll probably have to scroll up just a little bit)

Lord this is killing me.
  • edited March 2010
    Whiner should be a 360 and be done with it, Microsoft call the shots knob not REMEDY.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Yeah Bobby why don't you just go schill out 200USD for a 360 so you can play one game that was supposed to be a PC exclusive from the start. Jeez it's so easy and cost efficient., don't know why you haven't done it already. Consoles RULE!!!
    edited March 2010
    Lefein wrote:
    Whiner should be a 360 and be done with it, Microsoft call the shots knob not REMEDY.

What if I don't WANT to be a 360??!!! I want to be an animator when I grow up, NOT A 360. You don't know me!

And don't encourage this, Koreish!
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    What if I don't WANT to be a 360??!!!!

Hey kid..................

I'M A COMPUTA
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    help computa?
  • edited March 2010
    agree 100% but you make it sound like remedy are the only ones giving us PC gamers the finger.
    are we forgetting MW2s dedicated servers?
    or the BS ubisoft DRM.
    or the no SPC demo, or ruse beta.
    not to mention having to wait months for console ports, if the games were being made for the PC i could understand the delay, but there not.
    its not only remedy betraying their fans its almost every god dam developer!
    the only developers out there that support their PC community are valve and ID.
    crytek, im a little iffy about.
    im worried crysis 2 on PC will just be a crappy port of the console games.
    if they prove me wrong, and deliver on what the first did than they can join the group.
  • edited March 2010
    newsflash , until piracy on the pc is sorted out , there will be less and less games coming out for it.

you shouldnt be suprised
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    0c1bc_newsflash.jpg
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    edited March 2010
    lawl. Dat song.

For the last time, piracy is not the real problem. Don't you guys realize how prominent piracy is on consoles? It is more common on PC due to the simplicity of it all, but I can name off a list of friends that have modded consoles so they can pirate. Piracy on the PC isn't an excuse when you have platforms like Steam in place. It's just an easy scapegoat for companies like Microsoft who want to gobble up profits for themselves, case in point, Alan Wake.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Come on, you have to be realistic here. Piracy on the PC is far more rampant than consoles.