Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Ya. Everyone is really waiting to see what kind of ppd the card will do. Right now the low end of the guess is 13k while most other people that follow the simple math for cores from the 285 to 480 are saying 15-16k. So no matter what its going to be insane for whom ever starts folding on them but the heat and noise levels might be to much to deal with besides in a dedicated folding rig.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I have reports that the GTX 480 is pushing around 15-18k PPD with the GTX 470 doing 11-13k. These numbers are based on the stock versions of the card.

I am trying to find out how hot & how many PPD the GTX 480 HC FTW card will do.

Jacob Freeman (Over at EVGA) has been posting scores and temps around the GTX 480 HC FTW and has the card on a 1/2" loop with a i7 920 clocked at 4.2GHz and is only hitting 49c under load.
  • edited April 2010
    I have reports that the GTX 480 is pushing around 15-18k PPD with the GTX 470 doing 11-13k. These numbers are based on the stock versions of the card.

I am trying to find out how hot & how many PPD the GTX 480 HC FTW card will do.

Jacob Freeman (Over at EVGA) has been posting scores and temps around the GTX 480 HC FTW and has the card on a 1/2" loop with a i7 920 clocked at 4.2GHz and is only hitting 49c under load.

GTX480 is a total failure. It can not even beat a 6 months old GPU from ATI. It is hot and power hungry, failure rate is too high, and it is not even available after 6 months of delay. This will be Nvidia's last product before bankruptcy. They lied about these to everyone, shame on them. :D
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Also, 1.7% wood screws.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    LOL! wtf you talking about... GTX 480 maybe hot but it is far from being a total failure. You kids make me laugh. Also the GTX 480 is faster than the 5870 in most benchmarks...

Either or ATI vs, nvidia is not the question here... its the fact that one GPU can push almost 20k PPD no other GPU can do that.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    mirage wrote:
    GTX480 is a total failure. It can not even beat a 6 months old GPU from ATI. It is hot and power hungry, failure rate is too high, and it is not even available after 6 months of delay. This will be Nvidia's last product before bankruptcy. They lied about these to everyone, shame on them. :D

I believe this is the thread you're looking for.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    Also, 1.7% wood screws.
    Delicious pork shoulders, amirite?

geforce_gtx_480_meant_to_be_grilled.jpg

You kids make me laugh.
    I believe that was the intention... :D

Back on the folding, there was an article I had about the differences between 4*0's and tesla performance that was an interesting read, anyone seen it?
  • edited April 2010
    Basil wrote:
    I believe that was the intention... :D

:vimp:
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    God damn is that a lot of frames. I somewhat lament my 5870.