Final Fantasy XIII Review

BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
edited April 2010 in Gaming

Comments

• wahaywahay Cincinnati, OH Member
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the review, Bandrik.

I heard there actually is a New Game+ feature, where you can just blast through with maxed stats. Is that so?

Also, I'm speaking from a slightly subjective platform here, but I felt the characters suffered from "Lol, Japan" syndrome. They were mostly young, idealized individuals fitting generic character roles. The body language was pretty solid, but the faces were a little too pretty-plastic, and the hair and costumes didn't strike me as anything special. I thought most of FFVIII's main character designs were less obnoxious.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2010
    There was a time where I got excited about the next Final Fantasy Game, that time has long since passed. Great review though.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    @Wahay Hey haven't heard from you in a while, man! Good to see you're still around. :D
    Anyways, I have not heard of a New Game+. If it exists I would LOVE to give it a go so let me know. Otherwise the best I know is that at the end of the game, you can make a save file. Loading it will put you right before the room with the final boss, and let you go around and finish the side-quests while opening up the final stage of the Crystarium for final development (get super-pumped with tons more HP, etc). No more skills though, sadly. And certainly not a new game +.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    @Kryst Thanks, man. I really enjoyed the game, so I also enjoyed writing about it. It was my first IC review, so your words are a great encouragement to continue to do more. ^_^
  • PetraPetra Palmdale, CA USA
    edited April 2010
    Nicely done :-)

I, too, find myself enjoying this installment of Final Fantasy. Granted, FFII, FFIV, and FFVI-FFX are my favorites.