Getting it going!

TushonTushon I'm scared, CoachAlexandria, VA Icrontian
edited April 2010 in Folding@Home
_k_ kicked me into adding my gaming PC to the folding team, so we tried getting it going and something is still amiss. I also have my Ubuntu 9.10 server running it currently, but it is putting out weak numbers (it seems).

I ran through the config, with the following non-standard settings:
big
-advmethods
-smp

After a restart, the service sits in "starting" status and doesn't get going on the gaming machine. There is a process there, but using no CPU. Come forth, folding pro's and teach me your ways.

Thanks!

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Have you checked the services,msc>Log On>This account & set the password?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    csimon wrote:
    Have you checked the services,msc>Log On>This account & set the password?

For the win. I dont know why it didnt set that when I used my password while running the config.

Now to make sure HFM is working also (that is the best monitoring tool, correct?)

Update: HFM is working. Reporting around 4700 PPD right now. I need to overclock this processor.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    2 Questions:

1) Can I monitor my linux server's folding from HFM.NET on my windows box? It will be low, but I'd like to have some idea of how it is doing. Any other monitoring solution for the server would be appreciated if it can't be done through HFM

2) Any overclocking advice for a headless server? ways to test, etc. I'm going to work on overclocking my gaming machine in a couple weeks after finals finish, but I have no idea about getting a little more performance out of my server.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    If you share your folding folder on the Linux box to something your Windows box can see, I'm pretty sure HFM has an option to monitor remote implementations. You'll just need to provide it a path. I can check later if you want more concrete instructions.