UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited April 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    in b4 auto-focus.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, the focus was a mess this week because I shot in low-light. I couldn't shoot earlier in the day as I normally do because of the carpet installation.

Camera's sensor sucks in darkness, so it couldn't decide where to grab focus.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    NICE AUTO...... shit.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Mind of UPSBandrik, gooooo!

1. Yeah, the auto-focus thing was a little annoying. But you know what? It almost feels appropriate for this episode. You're about to leave Elkhart, and your job is obsolete. It's almost like things ARE becoming fuzzy and static-filled in Elkhart while you prepare to re-start your life elsewhere. Anyone else get that vibe, too?

2. I fully agree with you about the Gizmodo bit. I feel the same way. iPhone, whatever, but hanging the guy out to dry just wasn't cool.

3. Nice! New carpet! Finally your flooring doesn't look like Snuffie's fur coat anymore.

4. Delighted you finally said "yeah" to the outdoor air after saying "nope" so often. Though forgive me when I half-expected your fedora to sink through your skull and down into your neck. Lul. =3
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    1. Have you considered becoming an art critic? I have a black iron box on my desk that expresses the desperation of my soul.
    edited April 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    1. Have you considered becoming an art critic?

I am. In fact, just got back from viewing an art showcase in a gallery in downtown Lafayette this evening. :vimp:
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    I have a black iron box on my desk that expresses the desperation of my soul.

I have on of those too! Sometimes I turn the handle and a clown pops out. IT IS HORRIFYING.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    What's with all the assumption? Assuming Gray's been fired. Assuming Giz did it to make a buck. They did it to bring some transparency to it and give Apple a little less wiggle room if they do decide to fire somebody over this.

The only shitty part about all this is that they bought the prototype at all instead of the first guy that found it having turned it in. Giz did what they felt they had to do, including attempt to save the job of the person who lost it.
    edited April 2010
    Snarkasm wrote:
    What's with all the assumption? Assuming Gray's been fired. Assuming Giz did it to make a buck. They did it to bring some transparency to it and give Apple a little less wiggle room if they do decide to fire somebody over this.

Well.. that is the point of the show. I say what's on my mind, which may, in fact, include assumptions and speculation. It might as well be an op/ed via video. Regardless the actual intent, I still don't like what Giz did, ESPECIALLY the bit about releasing information on the dude that lost the device. It's totally uncalled for and unprofessional.

Bandrik, your show analysis never ceases to amaze me. Sometimes I think more thought goes behind your comments than I put into scripting....

and I'm REALLY glad you picked up on the nope/yeah
    edited April 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Bandrik, your show analysis never ceases to amaze me. Sometimes I think more thought goes behind your comments than I put into scripting....

and I'm REALLY glad you picked up on the nope/yeah

Haha, I'm a little surprised to hear you say that. Though yeah, learning to be extremely introspective and analyzing a creative work was really drilled into me by my (overly) creative fine arts teachers at Purdue.

We would stare at a splatter called "modern art" and try to come up with reasonings and intentions and emotions. Why the artist chose to express themselves using paint flung at a wall. And then we would have to come up with this crap and debate why we, the viewers, are given these emotional impressions. Augh. It was kind of neat, and really... lame. But whatever.

"I can really feel the pain of this man known as UPSLynx. His proximity to a place he laments fills his life with discontent, like a television set that is suffering distortion and static from electronic interference. The way the camera loses focus is like an analogy to how a man can sometimes lose focus in his life. The fact he chose to shoot in low light tells him he is in a dark place, perhaps afraid of fate to come. We all feel that way at some point in our lives. Now let's hold hands and chant..."

And on and on and on. I didn't drink the fruit punch, though.

Oh and yes, I'm REALLY glad that the nope/yeah was what I thought it was. :D
  • DuniganDunigan Norfolk, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Yay! Now you can finally wear your hat in the D and not get yelled at by homeless people!!!
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I wanna go to California!
    edited April 2010
    I wanna go to California!

Bring beer! I'll be suffering out there!