MSI announces lightweight GE600 gaming notebook

Comments

• wpeltolawpeltola Indiana
    edited April 2010
    Not a bad looking laptop for $899!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Seems like every laptop these days is sporting the pitiful 4500MHD and otherwise respectable specifications. This is a breath of fresh air.
  • wpeltolawpeltola Indiana
    edited April 2010
    I host a lot of LAN parties and I have seen a big surge in laptops showing up at events. I personally wouldn't want a gaming laptop due to the possibility of damage and the high cost of part replacment...but folks love the portability above all.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Do I have to wear a suit in my photo to write a comment here? I hope not!

I remember years ago, looking at the Dell catalogs and online and trying to figure out a way to build a good powerful laptop, while somehow getting around Dell's insane price upgrades for better parts. Never was able to do much like that, numbers are numbers. More CPU? MONEY. More video power? MONEY. More RAM? Dell loves to charge INSANE amounts of money for RAM upgrades! Even now!

Fortunately, nowadays you can get a lot more for a lot less. I'm not sure why a gaming laptop needs to be lightweight, if you want light go get a netbook. And why doesn't it have an SSD if it's supposed to be high performance? But a 7200 rpm hard drive is the next best thing in a laptop.

So I guess it's not bad for $900.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    If it wasn't for the fact that the current MSI laptop I have has been RMAd 3 times in a year thanks to their crappy build/engineering quality, I'd be interested in this. As it is, MSI isn't going to get my dollars for one of their laptops for a long time.