WoW player completes every achievement, emerges from parents basement.

M46h1n3M46h1n3 Member
edited May 2010 in Gaming
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Taerar&cn=Caspi&gn=Refuge

This guy desperately needs a life. I'd say grats, but its nothing anyone anywhere should be proud of or applaud lol

Comments

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    M46h1n3 wrote:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Taerar&cn=Caspi&gn=Refuge

This guy desperately needs a life. I'd say grats, but its nothing anyone anywhere should be proud of or applaud lol

Okay, as someone who has never played WOW, just estimate for me,

How long do you think that took?
  • M46h1n3M46h1n3 Member
    edited May 2010
    Probably 2 years of continuous, dedicated play. Alot of these are pvp and pve based and you have to be good at them in order to get certain things like arena master. Its just sad imo
  • M46h1n3M46h1n3 Member
    edited May 2010
    Hes also been playing since release
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    M46h1n3 wrote:
    Probably 2 years of continuous, dedicated play. Alot of these are pvp and pve based and you have to be good at them in order to get certain things like arena master. Its just sad imo

So define "continuous, dedicated play"

20 hours a week, 30 hours a week, or as much as a full time job?
  • wpeltolawpeltola Indiana
    edited May 2010
    I don't know if the kid should be congratulated, or slapped !
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I think someone that has played from the start, regularly 5-10 hours a week, could do this without too much trouble if you focus on doing it.

People just dont go way out of their way to get them done.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    People have to realize that any of the things done before the invention of achievements would need to be redone. All those Vanilla boss kills, for example, or any PvP achievement you might have inadvertently done in the same time. So he's done all of these things since achievements were introduced, whenever that was. The end of BC, right? So probably < 2 years ago?

As it stands, the raid level he's at demands about 25 hours a week, minimum. So what we know is that he's at least playing 25 hours a week, and probably half again as much to keep up to date on his PvP abilities.

He has entirely too much time on his hand, but credit where credit is due: He's really fucking good at this game. He has credibly mastered skills that less than 1/2 of 1% (legit figures) can ever claim to master, much less even be considered "good" at.

Also, he's Korean. He has to be #1 at everything.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Didn't achievements start when Lich King came out? If so, he started on 11/13/8, so he's had about 17-1/2 months of time to do it.

I never got into achievements very much, but I read some of them, and some were hard, or required a really good raid group, etc.

A lot of work for no real gain. He can say he was the first, but will it get him any money or women? Probably not.
  • coldalarmcoldalarm England, UK
    edited May 2010
    Tim wrote:
    He can say he was the first, but will it get him any money or women? Probably not.
    If he's actually as good as he looks, then perhaps he would be able to get into one of the "professional" guilds and get paid for what he does.
    I used to follow raid kills in WotLK, and I've never heard of Refuge so I'm going to guess they're not a world leader in anything. He could probably get on a better team *if* he wanted.

@Thrax; Are you sure he's Korean? He's playing on a German server.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    He's actually Taiwanese, which I suppose is one rung down in the hierarchy of obsessive players.

Also, Refuge is 14th in the world.
  • coldalarmcoldalarm England, UK
    edited May 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    He's actually Taiwanese, which I suppose is one rung down in the hierarchy of obsessive players.
    The first person to get all achievements, or very nearly to, was Taiwanese. This guy is on a German server. Sure you're not confusing them? MMO-Champion Link
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    This is not about being first, your link shows 986 achievements, there are now 1054 achievements as shown in the link in the 1st post.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Back when Naxx was still fairly new, my 80 Holy Paladin was a healer in a guild. And this guild (not me) wanted to get a couple Naxx achievements really badly, especially in the room with 4 bosses that had to all be killed within 30 seconds of each other.

We wiped many times to get that achievement, as opposed to just doing it, which wasn't that big of a deal.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Cool story, bro.
  • CharnelLord666CharnelLord666 Edmonton, AB Canada
    edited May 2010
    I wonder if his parents even remembered who he was after he finished this, lol.
    also, how the hell would he not get bored once even just half way done?