Mind of UPSLynx for the week of May 16

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited June 2011 in Science & Tech

Comments

• PetraPetra Palmdale, CA USA
    edited May 2010
    Coming to California, eh? Odds are you'll end up somewhere near places I frequent *evil grin*

Unless, of course, you're moving to San Francisco... I usually avoid SF... and then there's that whole section of the state that's North of SF... may as well be part of Oregon... and then there's Sacramento.... and... okay, maybe I was wrong.
  • timuchantimuchan Fishers, IN Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    So glad to hear this isn't the last Mind of UPSLynx!!! Good luck in California! :D
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Dis is like da coolist shit I've ever 'erd in mi ole life...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Dees ees sum next levul sheet.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Here's my thoughts as I watch the video...

1:10 - HOLY BALLS. New truck is effing awesome. I didn't realize you were shopping for a new vehicle. It. Looks. Good. Your old truck was cool and all, but this new one looks a lot more... dependable. Just make sure the head-bobbing tiger is the first to grace your new truck, okay?

2:00 - Haha, crowbar. Don't forget the Plunger!

2:22 - No fear but stressed? That actually makes perfect sense, and I'd probably feel the same. But you're doing the right thing, one step at a time.

2:45 - A... rapper...? Uh oh.

2:55 - Represent internet culture? A terrifying concept.

3:15 - Did you just say--- YOU JUST SAID HUMBLE BUMBLED!! YEAH!! OH MAN I LAUGHED SO HARD!

3:35 - BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAST!!!

4:10 - "And my lyrics... don't... smell... uh... *waves around*" L O L ! !

Overall: Awesome, especially for your going-away, last video in E-town video.

Time to fly, Lynx. You'll go far.

-Bandrik
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Yo blade swings free, decapitate a hater with amazing ease, this is not a game, boy...

And you already own a PC computa, so you're set.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I gotta admit, that ROFL neck tattoo is fucking hot.
  • FrylockFrylock Washington St...not DC
    edited May 2010
    Love it
  • jokerz4funjokerz4fun Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    First off your sister would so get it.
    Also best video you've ever done. You have reached the summit, you can not get any higher then this grasshopper.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I just want to state for the record that real men drive pick up trucks... Nice ride Bobby.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I'm glad you guys enjoyed this... I stayed up WAY too late making it and was only going off the hope that people would laugh.

And Cliff, I agree completely. Not to mention that whole 6 foot 7 thing...
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    May the force be with you on your move. STAY SAFE BRO SHOW THE FAMILY THAT YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE IT MAN!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Bump, because this fokken rules. New zef flow
    edited July 2010
    dis is like, the coolest song I eva herd in mah whole lafe.
    edited July 2010
    subsriber 4 life A+++++++++++ will bompz again!!! THAAAAAAAAAAANKYOU!!!
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I'm seeing Die Antwoord live in August. Oh yes... oh yes.
    edited July 2010
    One day when NINJA moved back home with his mom & dad again he saw that little YO-LANDI from next door had grown some boobs and a nice bum.
    Then NINJA had a baby with YO-LANDI by accident.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Anyone remember that one time Lynx made a weekly show? It was pretty funny and good times were had by all? Ringing any bells?
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Dammit Koreish, you got me all excited for a hot second :(
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I do that sometimes...
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Annes tells me that I get her all excited for a hot day.
    edited June 2011
    awwwwww man.

I miss this SO MUCH. You guys have no idea.

Here's what happened. I was actually shooting something really clever while I was driving across the country. It was a spoof of those Promos for Conan where he was running from New York to Los Angeles for his new show. I was doing the same, and it was really awesome. When I got to LA, I was going to open the first episode of Mind of UPSLynx with that sequence, or tease a new series.

I shot video in every state I traveled in. When I got to California, in one of the greatest moments of my life, I went down to Newport Beach to watch the sun set over the Pacific. This was just a few days after seeing the Atlantic ocean with my own eyes. I shot the final video of me running by the camera, and that was it. My camera completely failed.

Remember when I shot that episode of the camera burial? I managed to ressurect the camera about a month later, which is how I was shooting things still. When it died on Newport Beach, CA though, it was dead for good. Nearly eight years of service, that camera finally gave in. It was a poetically beautiful way for it all to end, at the destination of my greatest journey.

I still have the files, but I haven't gotten a replacement camera yet. The real thing keeping me from doing this show again is the prospects of the new. I want to do a new video series for Icrontic, I just need to decide what.

Mind of UPSLynx as we know it can't continue. I can't really talk about tech news because of my contractual obligation to AMD (much like how Thrax can no longer write tech news.) But I don't want to do video for news regardless. The best episodes of MIND were when I was doing something outrageous - smashing a computer monitor, a funeral for my camera, spoofing Die Antwoord.

I'm trying to think of a way to take that concept further. Something like "Hey Ash Whatcha Playing?" or "Two Best Friends Play". I want something original, unique, and enjoyable by all audiences (IC readers and non-readers alike). Once I get that concept, I'm in business. But it's a big deal, and it has to work.

Man. I miss this.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I was really looking forward to the filming of Mind of UPSLynx when he lived with me, but HE NEVER DID IT AGAIN.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Bobby, if you want to do something at EPIC I will bring my video camera.
    I think it's time for this to return!
    primesuspect
    AGREED. BOBBY WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE
    Quit it. Let me be happily unemployed in my corner of LA grumble grumble.
    UPSHitman
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Wait, so you're unemployed and still not making videos? There are no excuses.
    UPSHitman
    Come on Little bro, be a MAN and step up!
    primesuspect
    Just think of all those sound effects you never got to use in the intro's transition...

...waiting...

...unloved...

...with so much lulz to be had...

...bluefuck...
    UPSLynx