Insanity workout

ClutchClutch North Carolina New
edited May 2010 in Fitness
Has anyone tried this workout? I just got done with my day six workout and man it is kicking my ass. I feel good though after I'm done, I feel like I have accomplished so much.

PT is really key in our unit since we are an infantry unit but the PT my section does just isn't enough for me. So I decided to try this out since I can stay at home, and have to purchase zero equipment.

I'm really trying to build up my cardio because that is what is hurting me the most on my runs and I believe this is going to help me out a lot. If you haven't heard of it, look it up on beachbody.com or some youtube videos.

I feel sore everyday but I keep wanting to come back for more. I'm trying to get in top shape for Afghanistan so I got a couple months to knock this out.

Take care guys.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited May 2010
    Is this anything like P90x or even more insane?
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited May 2010
    It's more insane and intense. You use only your body for resistance, so it's easier to do in my opinion than P90X because you don't need any equipment.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    It can't be more intense if you don't use weights. It's a scientific impossibility. Heh.
    edited May 2010
    They are two different workouts. Insanity is really big on cardio, P90X is not. I've done both and this works me out more than P90X. Your not going to get really ripped and huge doing Insanity, but it will build your cardio and stamina.
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    What pisses me off with P90x is that Tony Horton blabs for 85% of the work out.

If there is just as much talking, especially inbetween workouts, then its another bloated workout gimmick from Beach Body.
    edited May 2010
    There is no time for talking when doing insanity. You workout each day for at least 40 minutes with maybe five 30 second water breaks, no BS just busting your ass, I love it.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Clutch wrote:
    There is no time for talking when doing insanity. You workout each day for at least 40 minutes with maybe five 30 second water breaks, no BS just busting your ass, I love it.

I did the first 4 weeks before the baby came along. It's great. Wait until you start getting the add-on modules after the normal workouts. Ow.
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    It can't be more intense if you don't use weights. It's a scientific impossibility. Heh.

Amen! Free weights all the way!