What are some good quality gaming mice?

TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
edited May 2010 in Gaming
I need to get a better mouse for playing games and even general internet use, this old one I have hooked up now is having problems sometimes.

Anything good under $50?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    We can't give advice to potential illegal aliens. Please show me your papers.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Well, you've got this model here that's about a mid-range mouse:

mice_smooth.jpg

If you need something a little less flashy, we got a 2-for-1 deal going on with this model because the cord's a little janked up:

cloned_mice_with_different_dna_methylation.png

But if you really want to pwn some nubs at your gaming, you want one of these bad boys:

mice_400x300.jpg

The extra lighting effects really strike fear into the WoW monsters on the other end of your network line. Don't worry that there's no way they could possibly see the mouse itself - trust me, they know when you have one of these. You can pick any one out of the bin, but they'll run you a little more.

Let me know if you'd like to see some more stock.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Tim wrote:
    Anything good under $50?

Yeah, one without a ball still in it.
    edited May 2010
    NiGHTS wrote:
    Yeah, one without a ball still in it.

Worth noting: the mice I listed above do come fully de-balled.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Bwaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha you all are funny. ;D

I mean the mouse, the HID peripheral pointy clicky thing that most computers have in one form or another.

Thrax - here's my "papers", but in video form: www.loudmouthtim.com/OV114.wmv
    edited May 2010
    No way! I had no idea, sorry. I don't know anything about those.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I know a guy that pops headshots all the time with one of these babies.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I'm a fan of my Logitech mouse. They're cheaper than I remember: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104178
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Three mice to check out at 50$. Razer Avatar(insert Bobby joke), MS Sidewinder(OEM), MS x5

I use a x8, it goes with my x6 keyboard plus I broke a mouse at EPIC last year. I honestly love using it since it is big and heavy. Plus the edges on it allow me to grip the mouse instead of my hand fitting into the molding of the mouse. I also have learned the value of fast dpi switch buttons. I am getting closer to being good with a 3000 dpi setting but some times I am feeling lazy or just having trouble with small twitches so I flip down to 2000 or 1500dpi for a while.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Microsoft Habu is awesome. Thats what i use.
    edited May 2010
    These look good to me, I read some of their specs. Somehow I thought wireless might be the thing, but none of these are wireless. I'd prefer wired anyhow.

I went by the local Fry's the other day, and their mouses were either junk or way more expensive or both. Nothing there that I'd even consider.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    If you're looking for a gaming mouse you want a wire. There is no "lag" between mouse movements and cursor movement. Even in quality wireless mice there is a slight lag and in the middle of an intense shootout or some RTS clusterfuck you want that pinpoint motion.
  • JingallsJingalls Eugene, OR
    edited May 2010
    I've been using a Razer Deathadder since December, and I've been very happy with it. It's ten bucks more than your budget though, but worth it in my opinion.
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited May 2010
    +1 on the deathadder. I just bought new slides for mine. Been using it for years.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Keep in mind that the latest version of IntelliPoint might not be compatible with IE6.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Butters wins.
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    The NZXT Avatar is mad sexy. I'd go with that one even if it wasn't known for being a solid gaming mouse.
    edited May 2010
    It's small and tweaky.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I still rock it with my Logitech G7 that I won at one of the IC-LANs. :)
  • coldalarmcoldalarm England, UK
    edited May 2010
    I'm rockin' an A4Tech X-748K at the moment.

It's been great for well over a year now, but my only problems are that at full weight it's still quite light and the thumb rest is peeling off. Other than that it's pretty good.
  • doozerdoozer Florida Member
    edited May 2010
    I just picked up a Logitech g500 in late April. I love it to death, a little out of your price range but completely worth it in my opinion. Logitech makes another mouse right on the end of your price range, the MX518. I've heard nothing but good things about it.
    edited May 2010
    The UPS guy brought me a Logitech MX518 today. I installed the CD, and I like the adjustable settings. I'll have to tune it a bit.
    edited May 2010
    DO NOT use the CD for the drivers. Grab the newest from Logitech's site. The drivers on the CD are probably over a year (or more) out of date.
  • coldalarmcoldalarm England, UK
    edited May 2010
    If it's anything like my G15's drivers, it'll have an update facility ;)
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Still, better to just grab the newest ones and install them. It's easier and less prone to failure than installing an old version then updating over top of it.
    edited May 2010
    ^ Yeah, what he said. ^

I have never been a fan of patching over old when I can start with the latest stable version. Never know if the patch will remove all the old crap the right way...