EPIC 2010: Rock-Paper-Scissors Tourny

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited June 2010 in Community
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock-paper-scissors

I'm thinking Sat morning (Time/day not set in Rock) at EPIC we should do a Rochambeau Tournament.

It's a simple game, but there is strategy. It's like poker but much much shorter. Matter of fact they do a Rock-Paper-Scissors Tourny at the WSOP each year and it looks like a blast.

Simple to make a tourney tree up real quick when we have a head count and then hack away best 2 out of 3 until there is only one standing.

I'll see what I can do for a prize / trophy of some sort.

What do you guys think?

-Bobby

Comments

• AlidraAlidra Metro Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I'd be in for this. Sounds fun <3
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Sure, why not?
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jx_EnBk-2rA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jx_EnBk-2rA&hl=en_US&fs=1&&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
  • ZadokZadok Ft. Wayne, IN
    edited June 2010
    count me in.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    In
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Love it. In!
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Bump.

I'm going to set this at 10am Sat for all that are interested. Per the current schedule there are no other events that conflict with this.

We will be playing Best Out of Three rounds and Double Elimination. We will use a bracket from here depending on the amount of players.

-Bobby
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I've added your event to the calendar.
    edited June 2010
    Most Excellent, Thank you GHoosdum.

In So Far:
    Bobby1211
    Alidra
    Obsidian
    Zadok
    WagsFTW
    Annes
    MasterbuilderK
    primesuspect
    pseudonym

There is no cutoff for entries until we start drawing positions Saturday morning. If you are awake Saturday morning and you want to join in the fun you can jump in at that point.

Prize is still to be determined. I hope to come up with something from one of the Airports or shopping trip after I arrive, maybe a Detroit Shot Glass or something of the sorts. Worst case, winner can walk away with a crisp $20 bill.

-Bobby
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    MasterbuilderK and I both want in :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    And bobby, don't worry about supplying a prize; extra tickets can be the prize :D
    edited June 2010
    extra tickets can be the prize :D

Thank You and Thanks to anyone who had a hand in "officializing" the Event. I'll keep an eye open still for something awesome. If I don't find something, Tickets is a sweet prize...

... and you know, The envy of the entire community for the year as the Rock-Paper-Scissors Champion!

-Bobby
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Wake me up for this.

IN
    edited June 2010
    I now understand why there are not things planned at 10am on Saturday. Pretty much everyone is still asleep. We'll play it as it comes but there is so much going on today we may just scrap it. At this point I believe by the time I could get everyone up that is still asleep (also so "ins" are not present at ICHQ this morning) and into the tourny, we would overlap with the Duck Tape challenge. And Duck Tape beat rock, paper AND scissors

-Bobby
  • ZadokZadok Ft. Wayne, IN
    edited June 2010
    Hopefully we will be able to fit it in somewhere, I was looking forward to it.
  • AlidraAlidra Metro Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I failed and set my alarm for 8:30 am.... Monday-Friday only :(
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I'll join in on this
    edited June 2010
    Sorry Guys. I'll be back next year and we will make this happen. As expected Saturday was wall to wall events and the UT2K4 would have come before this. Next year... I will own you.

<3 Bobby