primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited March 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited June 2010
    Nice review, i'm gonna give it a try :)
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited June 2010
    EDITED : I know its more like a preview than a review cause there's no score ;)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Fantastic article, Brian.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Thanks, Rob :)
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    This piece is wonderful. It does more for the argument that games are art than any amount of yelling and name dropping could possibly do.

This kind of journalism is meaningful and appropriate. This stuff is pure gold. Wonderful piece, Brian.
  • CharshieCharshie Hollywood, California Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Seriously fantastic piece Brian, to echo what the others have said. Insightful and well-written. Thanks so much for posting this.
  • edited June 2010
    Gotta say that I love this game, and that as a matter of fact when I found it at a Best Buy it was right next to gears of war.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    miguel wrote:
    Gotta say that I love this game, and that as a matter of fact when I found it at a Best Buy it was right next to gears of war.

;D I guess I just got pwned :D
    :respect:
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Sounds like one that I'll have to pick up. If I may be so bold as to suggest another slightly mind bending game "The Path" was a pretty amazing (and under appreciated) piece of story-telling.
  • edited March 2011
    Excellent review. I picked up Zeno Clash a little over a year ago. From the moment I started playing it (PC), I couldn't stop. It's a phenomenal game. The game is a bit sluggish at points and it has its faults like all games; but the combat is brilliantly implemented. As stated in the review, mastering the combat techniques is one of the key aspects to the game.

I'm currently playing it on the Xbox (it's paused in the background). This will be my 4th time playing through it.

I was a bit disappointed to read that ACE is not working on Zeno Clash 2. But then again, their game currently in development, "Rock of Ages", puts you, the player, in charge of a massive boulder that rolls through enemy lines and destroys castles. The boulder has a quirky smiley face etched into it, slightly reminiscent of something from Zeno Clash.