New computer making please help

stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member
edited July 2010 in Hardware
im thinking of making a new gaming computer the stuff i choosed cost soo much is there any other stuff better then the 1 i choosed?

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=52155&vpn=P6X58D%2DE&manufacture=ASUS MOBO

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=34802&vpn=TR3X6G1600C8D&manufacture=Corsair&promoid=1019 DDR3

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=51240&vpn=BX80601960&manufacture=Intel CPU

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=26415&vpn=CMPSU-750TX&manufacture=Corsair&promoid=1019 power BOX

any idea to lower it all those makes it 1300$??

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2010
  • stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member
    edited June 2010
    isnt my 700W PSU better and cheaper?? but thnx for the reply 8-D

na i got my 1300 im just thinking is it worth spending that much for those for a gaming computer
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    isnt my 700W PSU better and cheaper?? but thnx for the reply 8-D

na i got my 1300 im just thinking is it worth spending that much for those for a gaming computer

You could get a combo kit like this.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Magic's motherboard, CPU and memory choices are all better.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    The PSU is kind of a wash and the Corsair one is cheaper.
    edited June 2010
    You could get a combo kit like this.

oh wow that combo kit looks good too ahaha i cant make up my mind X-D

i have never used AMD stuff befor witch 1 is better lol
    edited June 2010
    oh wow that combo kit looks good too ahaha i cant make up my mind X-D

i have never used AMD stuff befor witch 1 is better lol

Confession, I'm a die hard AMD fanboy,

That out of the way, I think their chip-sets and CPU's present a better overall value when you compare performance dollar for dollar. The i7 in some ways is technically more advanced, but if you go with that six core AMD CPU, its not like your going to be hurting by a long shot, especially if your primary purpose is gaming. The 5830 graphics card is really solid to boot, really thats where the current high end gaming graphics start in my mind. The 57xx series is pretty nice if your looking for something to fit a lower power profile but if you have the room in your budget, case and PSU the 5830 or 5850 is what you want in a reasonably priced graphics card under $300.

That kit is really solid at $1100, and if you like to tinker that big cooler should allow you to exploit some headroom on that six core chip. Really every component in the kit is quality.
    edited June 2010
    can that AMD run Crysis with a very nice FPS??? i use a small montior too only 19 ince and that AMD can last 7 years of smooth gaming lol???'

i dont think i can buy that i dont see a buy list lol
    edited June 2010
    can that AMD run Crysis with a very nice FPS??? i use a small montior too only 19 ince and that AMD can last 7 years of smooth gaming lol???

Well, at the speed of progress you will be hard pressed to buy anything that you will be pleased with 7 years from now. Heck, these days, if you built a machine and got three years down the road without wanting to do at least a couple incremental upgrades I'd be fairly surprised. Thats just the nature of computer building, especially for gaming. Now, if your asking if the hardware is reliable, I would say, certainly, I've owned and built numerous AMD systems, and reliability is paramount. I've only had to RMA one chipset out of around 100+ builds, and I've never had to RMA an AMD CPU in 10+ years. I've had a couple minor issues with ATI graphics cards, but its been years since I've had to RMA anything on that side of things.

If were talking running Crysis at high settings say at either 1280X720 or 1280X1024 I think your going to be fine running it at at least 40 FPS avg as long as you don't pump AA past 2X. More resolution or more AA your going to start to chug, but thats just the nature of Crysis. I have a higher end 5870 and Crysis is about the only game I tolerate at under 60 FPS, just because I have to. It runs well enough if your averaging 40 FPS though, its funny, because of the blur they add when the action pics up, if your not using fraps, sometimes even when it dips below 30 you would not notice right away. I hate when the explosions skip a bit though, but even the best video cards have that issue. That game engine is just a beast. Too far ahead of its time.

Still, its all about the max resolution and if things like AA and AF effect the experience that much for you. Me, I like to run things 1920X1080 on my big monitor when I can, and if I'm struggling to maintain 60 FPS (which is just about never, Crysis and Shattered Horizon are the only titles that push it) then I just disable AA, and dial the AF back to like 4X or something. Then, if I must I'll lower some shadow detail to get it there (makes a huge difference in Crysis) I know other folks would rather leave everything else cranked and dial down the resolution a bit, which is a fine way too. Point being, with Crysis, unless you spend $700 on a 5970, your going to make a couple small tweaks for performance if 60 FPS is your desired frame rate. If you can live with 30+ FPS as most folks do on that title the 5830 paired with a Phenom II will get you there admirably.

Its all about your expectations and what your willing to pay to meet them.
    edited June 2010
    good point X-D wel the combo u send me i cant buy it seem like got any other combos??

im using 9800GT Graphic card right now
    edited June 2010
    The SeaSonic X series is one of the best PSUs available now. It delivers more stable power than about any other PSU out there, but you do pay a little more for it.

The Corsair will work well for you though.
    edited June 2010
    is this a good Bundle???

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=54283&promoid=1066

and ill just add the DDR3 and PSU that magic told me

or just go for all magic stuff X-D
    edited June 2010
    I agree with myself 100%, as usual.
    edited June 2010
    MAGIC wrote:
    I agree with myself 100%, as usual.

so go by all your items?
    edited June 2010
    can that AMD run Crysis with a very nice FPS??? i use a small montior too only 19 ince and that AMD can last 7 years of smooth gaming lol???'

i dont think i can buy that i dont see a buy list lol

This is back in stock.
    edited June 2010
    edited June 2010

I think your going to be disappointed in the GTS250 SLI performance, and if you are, what your going to have to do is sell both cards to start over on graphics.

Do yourself a favor, and budget for the most powerful single card solution you can today, then, if you really desire it, you can add a 2nd matching card later.
    edited June 2010
    Dual GTS 250s is going to be better than a 5850.
    edited June 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    Dual GTS 250s is going to be better than a 5850.

Nope, a single 4870 will beat at GTS250 SLI config by a couple frames on many applications, a single 5850 will laugh at it, plus, like I said, you will still have room to grow if you want. I'm not even going to argue crossfire vs. SLI because everyone knows where I stand, but if I were to go with an SLI board for some insane reason, (perhaps I need a more effective space heater in winter?) then I would say get a single GTX465 which would cost about the same as a SLI GTS250 but then you would have room to add on later, and the GTX465 should perform as well in a single card config as the two lesser cards.

My point being, unless you have topped out on the highest end card you can possibly buy today, either a 5970 or GTX480, then never, ever start with two cards out of the gate. It makes no sense, it defeats the entire purpose of multi card technology which is that if you really want/need more, you add it. It was never intended as a build day solution, at least thats my two cents.

Now, if your made of money like Sledgehammer, you buy a pair of GTX280's and water cool em, thats okay on build day, because he topped out, where else was he going to go design wise, so he needed two cards to acheave that level of performance, but if you don't, pool the money you were going to spend on two cards into a better single card so you have room to grow later.
    edited June 2010
    Are you sure? Also this, now before you get in a tizzy remember the GTS is an OC'd version of the 88GT G92 which has been shrunk plus some more. I mean there is a lot of backlogged stuff you could of forgotten to read so you know knock yourself out. And my single 9800 GX2 gets roughly the same performance as mas0n's 5850.

A 5850 is going to be more economical for heat and power consumption. Since we know that is what Cliff really cares about in electronics, as well as every consumer. Plus then he gets to fan boy it.
    edited June 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    Are you sure? Also this, now before you get in a tizzy remember the GTS is an OC'd version of the 88GT G92 which has been shrunk plus some more. I mean there is a lot of backlogged stuff you could of forgotten to read so you know knock yourself out. And my single 9800 GX2 gets roughly the same performance as mas0n's 5850.

A 5850 is going to be more economical for heat and power consumption.

man choosing computer are sooooo hard T.T its almost like ima shoot m yself ahahah lol
    edited June 2010
    Well you can't have cliff post and not have some one try and troll him for a "u mad bro". I was doing a build for you on newegg canada trying to match the general specs of the combo and came up with the same core parts that magic did without looking. I still say use a corsair PSU to save some money and because several of their units are OEM seasonics.

Depending on what your final budget is I would say take those, add a 5850, thermalright cooler + scythe fan, 3.0 Sata drive, and whatever else bling you would like.
    edited June 2010
    Removing my brand preference from the argument, I'd still advise a single GTX465 over dual GTS250's. Its just silly in my mind to buy two underpowered cards on day one, it defeats the entire purpose of having two graphics slots and just causes problems for you down the road.

Point taken though, I underestimated how two GTS250's would perform when I said it was only about as good as a 4870, still, its only about as good as a single 5850, or a GTX465 which both roughly come in around the same budget, and both are modern architecture that are more future proof.

Seriously, why buy anything other than DX11 hardware at this point if your really serious about gaming? I just can't advise anyone buy a GTS250 today, much less two of them....
    edited June 2010
    to say i didnt realy want a Grpaihc cards lol i only wanted a CPU Mobo power RAM

i just found this 1

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.418963

this 1 seems good srry guys im very picky ahahaha
    edited June 2010
    to say i didnt realy want a Grpaihc cards lol i only wanted a CPU Mobo power RAM

i just found this 1

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.418963

this 1 seems good srry guys im very picky ahahaha

I thought your primary purpose for this new build was gaming? Is that not accurate?
    edited June 2010
    I thought your primary purpose for this new build was gaming? Is that not accurate?

yea its for gaming but i thought i can keep my 9800GT to save alittle $$

i heard AMD runs HOT is that true last question then ill just choose 1

Thanks for the Info guys 8-D
    edited June 2010
    yea its for gaming but i thought i can keep my 9800GT to save alittle $$

I see, well in that case you might be best served with a NVIDIA based mobo for SLI?

Triple SLI option, throw two more 9800 GT's on if the mood strikes later?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130236

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103849

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231311

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371025
    edited June 2010
    I would stay away from that combo because of the PSU. Bad experience with the units with the PFC, they just blow up to easily. Leonardo got one and it was DOA/blew on first power up check then the RMA unit I bought off of him and it blew components after the first reset. The units seems to have a 50/50 chance of dieing on power up.
    edited June 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    I would stay away from that combo because of the PSU. Bad experience with the units with the PFC, they just blow up to easily. Leonardo got one and it was DOA/blew on first power up check then the RMA unit I bought off of him and it blew components after the first reset. The units seems to have a 50/50 chance of dieing on power up.

what combo the AMD or the i7 combos?
    edited June 2010