Team stacking :/

2»

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Ya stacked with junk in the trunk.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I still like Fish 'cept when he gets all ragey.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I like Fish except when he talks. If I mute him (and oh boy, do I), he's a great kid.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I feel that all things considered, we are nice to him. A quote straight off the server the other day "He just gets Muted, If we didn't like him we would ban him" (paraphrased)

I get a kick out of Fish, annoying as he gets sometimes.

Respect: Fish could be IC's best troll, just sayin

-Digi
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    To be fair, I think for how often he takes crap from people, he still brushes it off, seems to keep high spirits and seems good-natured (if annoying) about it esp considering his age.

Yes, I've had to mute him as well... sometimes I can only take so much, but at the same time I'd have to admit that icrontic tf2 would be different without him.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    I feel that all things considered, we are nice to him. A quote straight off the server the other day "He just gets Muted, If we didn't like him we would ban him" (paraphrased)

I get a kick out of Fish, annoying as he gets sometimes.

Respect: Fish could be IC's best troll, just sayin

-Digi

Bobby,
    I think that quote was me and I'm guilty of muting him as an Admin....but I always give him at least one if not multiple warnings. By the next map, his mute is reset and he usually controls himself better.

I like Fish alot. He talks too much, but I probably harass him too much for it. It's pretty normal for 13 year olds to have diarrhea of the mouth actually. He does have a thick skin and takes criticism pretty well. AND to be fair, he really has gotten a lot better. I do think people cussing at him is TOO much. He's a good kid who like most of us just wants a place to belong...Icrontic fits him and us well and I wouldn't want IC TF2 without Fish.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    It's very telling that I don't really know who Fish is; that's right about the time I stopped playing.

I may have played with him once or twice... :-/
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Preacher wrote:
    I like Fish alot. He talks too much, but I probably harass him too much for it. It's pretty normal for 13 year olds to have diarrhea of the mouth actually. He does have a thick skin and takes criticism pretty well. AND to be fair, he really has gotten a lot better. I do think people cussing at him is TOO much. He's a good kid who like most of us just wants a place to belong...Icrontic fits him and us well and I wouldn't want IC TF2 without Fish.

Fish doesn't really annoy me, the people who taunt and prod him into whining annoy me. Then he gets defensive and feels he has to say every excuse he can think of. Then I mute him. When he asks nicely and people seem to forget about him I will unmute him.

Maybe we all need to grow up a bit. Seriously, just ignore the stuff he says and he'll shut up. If something he says is useful, respond, otherwise don't. This is how he will learn to filter what he says...
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Maybe we all need to grow up a bit. Seriously, just ignore the stuff he says and he'll shut up. If something he says is useful, respond, otherwise don't. This is how he will learn to filter what he says...

I agree with this plan of action based on my previous experience having children.

Wait, what?
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    ....Maybe we all need to grow up a bit. Seriously, just ignore the stuff he says and he'll shut up. If something he says is useful, respond, otherwise don't. This is how he will learn to filter what he says...

Where the hell is the fun for us and life lessons for fish in that?! That is crazy talk.
  • Foxy-KFoxy-K Frostbite Falls
    edited July 2010
    I would listen to Preacher the most, he's a daddy.
  • FrylockFrylock Washington St...not DC
    edited July 2010
    Hey, Fish is a great sport. He is more mature than some of my coworkers! I do enjoy him and how he makes people mad when he PWNZ them!
  • BaysinBaysin Constantly Changing Member
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, you don't know who I am, that's fine.

As for stacking, I've been on the server a few times a week for the past month or so, and it doesn't seem bad at all. I've seen really bad stacking just a couple of times, but it seemed to be mostly random. And I've seen IC members initiate a team scramble when they would have benefited from not doing so. I'm sure, I'm SURE that it happens sometimes intentionally, but so far I've not had any reason to complain. I used to frequent the server of another large TF2 group, and they kind of joked about how often they stacked teams, so I really don't think it's an issue here.

As to Fish, all I can say is, after playing with him several nights in a row, I started to harass him too, gave him a bunch of crap, all good natured, and he responded by adding me to his friends list. Not much else to say about it, I think.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Welcome to it, though :)
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, Fish is cool. He's actually a really good spy checker too.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    The few times I've played these past few days I've seen more talent stacking then clan stacking.
  • Foxy-KFoxy-K Frostbite Falls
    edited July 2010
    Fish can be pretty annoying but I know he's not all bad. I just tell him to shut up when he's being annoying (although I agree that he should just be ignored then, I'll start doing that) and encourage him when he's being good.

But someone ought to teach him to build a damn teleporter.