The Official Folding@Home Gauntlet Thread II

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I found what I was looking for. This is an awesome solution posted by clifford_cooley, Sticky and or implement as our sig generator nao!

http://icrontic.com/forum/showpost.php?p=751418&postcount=14
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Nice find, duder.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Added to everything about folding. The color box does not work in chrome but does in firefox and IE.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    That's sweet. thanks for posting the color/sig tips K! Much appreciated :)
  • DeeTeeDeeTee New Zealand Member
    edited July 2010
    awesome, ^5

/edit: not showing O-o
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    DeeTee wrote:
    awesome, ^5

/edit: not showing O-o

put in the web link with an [IMG][/IMG] tag around it...it's the mountain button if you wanna be lazy :)
  • DeeTeeDeeTee New Zealand Member
    edited July 2010
    /edit
    It is now ;D!
    edited July 2010
    I did notice that if you use the EOC method (in order to have it link to your profile), when you type in the number for your own username, it doesn't auto-update the links at the bottom.
    edited August 2010
    Challenge 6. Starting Thursday the 15th whom ever can progress up one milestone(as defined in Extreme Overclocker's stats) will complete this challenge. Designed to show case the new or upcoming folders.

The people who completed this challenge are:
    paladin667: 1k -50k milestones
    DeeTee: 1k-30k milestones
    ratssttam: 1k-20k milestones
    nullenvoyd: 1k-10k milestones
    animebuster: 70k-100k milestones
    RootWyrm: 1k-3k milestones
    MrTRiot: 20-30k milestones
    ardichoke: 900k-1 mill milestones
    huskyhog: 1k milestone
    tushon: 300k milestone
    SuperGirlsPC: 5k milestone
    sgoldman: 70k milestone

*This is done from the highest number of milestones to the lowest.

There are a few people who hit milestones right before the challenge started which I would like to point out.
    QCH2002 hit 6 million, Wei Yang knocked down 400k, troll rolled on 100k, and animebuster nailed 60k.

Also to add to that here is the current standings of the All Stars, remember you need to complete 5 challenges become an All Star and win your shirt.
    All Star standings-halfway mark 2010.jpg
  • JakethJaketh Ohio Member
    edited August 2010
    D'oh! I hit 5 million a few hours too late. Great stuff _k_, thanks for doing this, keeps me pumped about folding. Here's to nearly a decade of it!
  • edited August 2010
    Yay! I'm slowly starting to get up in the ranks! and looks like I completed my first challenge :D
    Tushon wrote:
    to divert this thread back to its original purpose for a moment, I should be passing the following people who are above 0 PPD (meaning ostensibly still folding somewhere) and active on the forums (within the last month or so):

zanthian - 1 week
    danball1976 - 1.3 months
    CB - 1.2 months
    bobby1211 - 1.4 months

Many others who are inactive on either will fall, but they are unmentionables. More will fall to my blade with the next few months, but I won't mention them yet. Also, if I scrounge enough money for a decent video card to shove into my server, I will start slaying people without regard to their seniority.
    Tushon wrote:
    I broke 300k a few days ago and need to boost my folding somewhere, troll and animebuster are a few months out from overtaking me! This simply won't do.

:D I'll be overtaking you in 1.6 Months, along with those in between

Clutch 2.3 Weeks
    danball1976 2.6 Weeks

and the others who seem to of stopped folding.

So you might want to get that new Graphics card! :vimp:

EDIT: @ _k_ How often do you do these challenges?
    edited August 2010
    Once a month, normally the they are the last week of it and they get announced about 4 days before hand.
    edited August 2010
    Yay! I'm slowly starting to get up in the ranks! and looks like I completed my first challenge :D

:D I'll be overtaking you in 1.6 Months, along with those in between

Clutch 2.3 Weeks
    danball1976 2.6 Weeks

and the others who seem to of stopped folding.

So you might want to get that new Graphics card! :vimp:

EDIT: @ _k_ How often do you do these challenges?

Don't you worry, the new card is in place and I do believe that I know why it won't fold properly and will be remedying the problem tomorrow night. Your numbers will cry under me.
    edited August 2010
    Animebuster,

Thank you for the motivation to crush your folding with my upgraded folding box/server. I now run between 13k-16k PPD and you have not a chance of overtaking.

That is all.

-Tushon
    edited August 2010
    Oh it sounds like you want to come play with the big boys Tushon. Bring it.
    edited August 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    Oh it sounds like you want to come play with the big boys Tushon. Bring it.

Now now, _k_, don't go shaking your 28k PPD. I don't have money to support a habit like that yet. Talk to me again in the spring or so.
    edited August 2010
    I think you need to get an OC running on your quad. My main rig does 15-18k on its own. I run three computers for folding and my dad let me borg his new computer, :).

It isn't so much about throwing money at it but getting serious and looking for people to get folding, for you or the team, and really cranking everything out of what you have...like a PS3.
    edited August 2010
    I do need an overclock on it and I don't have a 460 (or whichever card you got) folding either. I recently added my roommate's PS3 to my little farm, but he didn't turn it back on after playing a game last night.

As an aside, I need some help troubleshooting my crossfire setup, I am scared that I bought a bad card.
    edited August 2010
    Update: broke top 100 on team 93 and 500k this morning! You won't catch me now animebuster, without a serious H/W upgrade!
    edited August 2010
    Challenge 7. Runs from today, 24th, through the end of the month 31st. This folding challenge is to bring a new member to Team 93. What is required of you is if you recruit a new folder post here or send me a PM with the username. Once the user post a point to Team 93 the challenge is completed. Honesty is assumed on this.

Next challenge is to get a new folder on the team, starts tonight and ends at the end of the month(31st). I will edit this post later tonight to make it official like and rules and stuff.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Man... I need to add 3500 ppd to my average in the next 6 months or Tushon will pass me. :(
  • edited August 2010
    I am calling out EVERYGUY, while he is still weak. Fall on your sword if you wish to preserve your honor or fall at my hands, to me it makes no difference.
    edited August 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    Man... I need to add 3500 ppd to my average in the next 6 months or Tushon will pass me. :(
    Rawr! If I get a bigger refund check from school *crosses fingers*, I'm buying a nicer processor and maybe another graphics card, so either way, you should fall to my merciless forward march

That is all.

Edit: welcome to the club mbtshoes2011, make a folding signature to show off your glory!
    edited August 2010
    Meh... I have plans to replace my current colo (the aforementioned crappy 1.5GHz Celeron-M laptop) either a dual Opteron 4-core or dual Opteron 8-core server. Then we will see where the points fall!
  • custompcmaxcustompcmax Minnesota
    edited August 2010
    Everyone in the 500-700 rank range... watch out. I am cruising along, jumping places every few hours!!!

Especially now that I got the right CPU client for my quad Intel i7 920 running :P
    edited August 2010
    The only thing you need to do is edit the pic to be a link to your Extreme stats, rather than to the picture itself.
    edited August 2010
    Hmm... that 24 hour average is extremely low for an i7. I don't think you've set it up right. Looks like you might be running a single core client on it. That or you didn't set up a password so you're not getting the full points plus bonus.
    edited August 2010
    Agreed. You need to be using the SMP client (probably the beta one, since you get more points), make sure you are actually using the -smp flag, and I'd run it as a service.
  • custompcmaxcustompcmax Minnesota
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I think I need to just uninstall it all and start over. I will let you guys know if I have questions.
    edited August 2010
    Yeah remove it and delete any folders then use this client and these instructions (make sure you make a passkey first). Enjoy!