QuakeCon 2010

_k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
edited August 2010 in Community
QuakeCon is fast approaching. It is at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas, TX. The dates are August 13-15.

This year is a little different as they have dumped all pre-registration and gone to one site. Also they are allowing people with laptops to enter with one monitor and allowing entry and exit with laptops at your discretion.

I will be there again from the afternoon of the 13th to late day on the 15th(possibly afternoon). Meeting up with my friend BlueFox that is a [H] member and also going to meet up with Spike and Most Wanted from clan LSD, I have spent some time with them at the PeaceLoveandRockets events outside of Forth Worth.

Currently I am the only IC member committed to going and staying there. Fish said he might show up but it sounds like he has permission to come visit the event and get a peak at a LAN event.

So through it up if you are going to be attending. I will be happy to introduce myself and the people I know.

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    I would love to go. AMD is going to have a presence there, but I'm pretty sure it's just the Radeon guys, which wouldn't include me. If I could swing it somehow though....
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Just get the Radeon guys to swing a VIP pass my way and it will be just like you are there.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Now, officially on the Bucket List, Quake Con....

Next year perhaps.
    edited August 2010
    Starting to get the gear ready, moving the 5770 in the LAN rig and the 8800GT out. Making sure games are updated, everything has to be packed up tomorrow night. Going to be hard to keep me at work on Friday.
    edited August 2010
    I did not pack everything up last night so I got up a little earlier to get it done....so tired and hungry. My bag is 25% clothes and 75% food :). Also apparently it takes 11 manuevers to get to the hotel.

Peace, ripping the keyboard and mouse off the computer to pack and throwing on the Icrontic polo.
  • DeterminedCeleryDeterminedCelery That 12 year old Texas Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    how many people are going to Quakecon 2010, just me and _k_?
  • icefiremadnessicefiremadness In my dream house.
    edited August 2010
    what is it?
  • DeterminedCeleryDeterminedCelery That 12 year old Texas Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    just got back from quakecon i had a blast, and i got metro 2033 for free the full game and fallen earth 30 day trail.
    edited August 2010
    Yes blast.