Micro Four Thirds

bjbroderickbjbroderick Clinton Township, MI
edited August 2010 in Lifestyle
Hey everybody!

Well, I finally got my wife interested in more serious digital photography, and all it took was a smaller camera! I had shown her some of the larger body DSLRs out there, and although she liked the functionality, (she use to use a 35mm slr back in the day) but was not down with how big they are. In comes the Olympus E-PL1. Janice loved it, and ended up ordering it on her own without any prodding from me. She's the creative one, (I'm creative, just musically and not visually) so she will be in charge of framing shots and composition and sites, but this camera has me really stoked to be able to use some legacy manual focus lenses.

This is where hopefully you come in. Photography is pretty new to me. I am solid on the exposure triangle and that knowledge really opened my eyes to how things work internally. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to go about deciding which lenses would be good for what applications, and what I should be paying for those items. If you have seen any of my posts, you probably know I'm thrifty.

Also any micro four thirds format talk in general would be super. I get the camera tomorrow, and I will try to put some unboxing and test shots up very soon.

Thanks guys (and gals)
Brian

Comments