ETF2L Highlander Community Challenge

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    See you guys there! I updated my video driver so hopefully that will stop the crashing I had happening on Wednesday. [edit] Sigh! Updating my video driver didn't help. I'm reinstalling TF2 now. I don't know how long it takes to Download now a days but it probably won't be 15 minutes. I'll be on as soon as I can.

Re: Ventrilo is This Thread still relevant? It at least got me to the download page so far. [edit] Got it up and running!

-Digi
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Can we schedule some actual times for practice as a team then? If wednesdays are what the going time is, I'll make that work. Seems like today would have been a good day for practice since its the same time as the tournament...
  • portzebieportzebie Arteest Utah, USA Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    I must've read the inital post wrong, here I was, getting ready to play at midnight tonight when practice is actually at noon my time. Sorry I didn't make it to practice today, even though I totally could've been there.
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Well, unless it picked up after I left (or I forgot someone), it was just me, Preacher, and Rex from the team messing around.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Wait we had scheduled practice? I'm trying to keep up with this but my work hours are random as all hell right now.
    edited August 2010
    I've got the team created and 8 out of the 11 of you on the team. I am PMing the other 3.

[edit] Holy crap there is 868 teams signed up. Also I need at least 9 members to join the tourney. I'll be working on helping the remaining 3 members tonight.

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    10/11 good to go. If anyone has contact with Foxy K outside of Icrontic, tell 'em to get on here and read PMs. I'm not 100% I can add players after the team is registered and I'm registering tonight.

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    We are team 887 to sign up.

Sh*t's now official!

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    Going over the rules again.

You should all read through these at least once, ask any questions you have here and I will get you an answer.

Rules: http://etf2l.org/rules/highlander-rules/

FAQ: http://etf2l.org/high/highlander-faq/

I'll post interesting and relevant snipits here:

Maps are scheduled by the league. The following maps have to be played in the assigned order:

* Group round 1: 1. Gravelpit 2. Upward
    * Group round 2: 1. Gravelpit 2. Freight
    * Group round 3: 1. Badwater 2. Badlands
    * Group round 4: 1. Badwater 2. Granary
    * Playoff stage:
    * Round of Sixty-Four: 1. Goldrush 2. Freight 3. Viaduct
    * Round of Thirty-Two: 1. Dustbowl 2. Upward 3. Viaduct
    * Round of Sixteen: 1. Badlands 2. Granary 3. Viaduct
    * Quarter Final: 1. Gravelpit 2. Goldrush 3. Viaduct
    * Semi Final: 1. Dustbowl 2. Badwater 3. Viaduct
    * Final: Both teams pick one map, possible Decider Map by Map Elimination Mode

What screenshots do I need to take?
    For 5 point CP maps such as cp_badlands and cp_freight_final1, you should take a screenshot at the end of the game showing the complete scoreboard with both teams listed. If the map is an Attack versus Defence map such as cp_gravelpit, cp_dustbowl or any of the payload maps then you need to take a screenshot showing which team has won when the stopwatch victory conditions are met. For an example of the type of screenshot this is, please view the cp_gravelpit screenshots on this match.

You also need to take a status screenshot when both teams are on the server. To do this, inside TF2 open the console and type “status” and press enter. Then type “screenshot” and press enter. This will save a screenshot of the status text in the console.

You will need to convert all images to jpg before submitting them to the website.

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    TF2 Admins:

Does this make sense to you?
    We also added an official config to be used for non-5cp maps so that to prepare your server you would only need to load the config on your server to have your server ready for your game. The config for Payload, attack/defence and King of The Hill maps can be found Here. For 5cp maps please use the regular config which can be found Here. Information about winlimits and playmodes can be found on the highlander FAQ.

Preach this may be on your shoulders unless another admin steps up to help us. I would normally be willing to accept Admin for the Tourny and learn to do what needs to be done but I might not even be able to get into TF2 until this weekend. I may have to use a buddies rig for practice and games.

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    Ok, 1 of our members has not shown a level of dedication needed for this. I hope all is going well in his life, but we are here to play and we need communication to play. That is all I am going to say for now except:

Our current first game (September 12th) lineup is this:
    1. Digi - Engi
    2. Cola - Sniper
    3. _K - Soldier
    4. Beartato - Demo
    5. Canti - Scout
    6. Preacher - Medic
    7. Rexxar - Spy
    8. CannonFodder - Heavy
    9. Portzebie - Pyro

Backups
    10. Pacifisto
    11. Error Null Turnip
    12. Foxy K?

First Team Practice August 29th 2010 2pm EST, 1pm CST, 11am PDT . PMs sent to all team members.

-Digi
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Is there room for one more sub (Medic/Soldier/Demo)? I hope I'm not too late.
    edited August 2010
    Is there room for one more sub (Medic/Soldier/Demo)? I hope I'm not too late.

Indeed there is. I'll PM you some info.

Welcome to the Team!

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    More turnips = better team!
  • RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in!
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    TF2 Admins:

Does this make sense to you?

Preach this may be on your shoulders unless another admin steps up to help us. I would normally be willing to accept Admin for the Tourny and learn to do what needs to be done but I might not even be able to get into TF2 until this weekend. I may have to use a buddies rig for practice and games.

-Digi

Bobby,
    Do you have Admin? If not, you should. I will look at loading those config files now. I have NEVER loaded any config files. Last thing I want to do is bork the server. Let me get Tiberius in here to see if we can get some good ole fashioned training!
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Booby,

That all looks fine. Its just a matter of putting the files on the server. Then when you have everyone ready for the match someone will rcon run the file and it will set everything the way they want it. Easy enough to do.

When do you need the files ready by? I need to talk to brian and figure out my ftp access pass again. Once I get that done it'll take two secs to get them up and test it.
    edited August 2010
    I do not has Admin, I would accept admin if that need be. I squared away a backup rig in case my video card is not 100% by Sunday, so I will be there.

Mr Jimmeh, Thank you for poppin in. We will need the config files by September 12th at the latest. The earlier the better so we can get used to loading them.

Anyone familiar with Tournament Mode?

LOEI:Highlander Team Members: Sunday we will be going over strategies for Gravelpit & Upward (Our first match maps), and if we have time Freight (along with Gravelpit again, our 2nd match maps). We will be setting our first team/classes in stone and starting to work on offensive and defensive strategies. Plan on at least being there for an hour, 2 hours if you can. At least one member has informed me he can not make it and that is fine. I will do my best to take notes during practice so we can pass those on afterwords.

-Digi
  • QuadyTheTurnipQuadyTheTurnip Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    I have been conscripted into subbing by Pacifisto.

I have no idea what I'm doing, but I figure "We make it up as we go along and then we make the awesome happen" works fine for me.

Sooo yeah. What exactly do you need me to do?
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Woot! More turnips!
    edited August 2010
    I have successfully tripled the turnip content of this team.

You're welcome.
    edited August 2010
    Quady, Welcome to the Team! I will send you what you need to do via PM. It's easy! And all for fun!

Thank you extra large Pacifisto.

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    Checklist for Sunday:

Set a password on the server (Familiarize those who have this power with turning this on and off)

Turn on Tournament mode (Familiarize those who have this power with turning this on and off)

Record some demos, Familiarize everyone with doing so as this is required of everyone by ETF2L for each game (So guys like Rex can prove their mad skillz is not cheating)

Cover Week One strategy O and D on Gravelpit & Upward

Practice Screenshots at the beginning and end of rounds (We are required to submit these to show our lineup and the results respectively)

Hope to see you all there!

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    jpparker88 is in as a backup. I've got info off to him and he will be joining us on Sunday.

For my notes he is medic / pyro / soldier / heavy

1. Digi - Engi
    2. Cola - Sniper
    3. _K - Soldier
    4. Beartato - Demo
    5. Canti - Scout
    6. Preacher - Medic
    7. Rexxar - Spy
    8. CannonFodder - Heavy
    9. Portzebie - Pyro

Backups
    10. Pacifisto
    11. Error Null Turnip
    12. Quady the Turnip
    13. jpparker88
    14. Foxy K?

That puts us at our maximum of 14 players. This is excellent. If anyone else is interested in joining the team and dedicate their Sundays to Practice / Games for the next 6-10 weeks, please send me a PM.

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    So are we thinking main team vs backups + other IC's for practice?
    edited August 2010
    Josh has been added to team (Credit to team!)

Pacifisto, Bug Quady to create his TF2L account and tie his Steam ID to it ;)

As for practice tomorrow we will be going down the list laid out above making sure as many people know how to do what needs to be done as possible. Then we'll probably open up the server and try to get some scrimmages in.

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    I have been given the Honor of rcon. TF2 is at 89% (stupid Windows 7 went to SLEEP last night, get that? a PC went to sleep!) right now, should be done in less than 30 min, haulin ass at 1.1MB/s too.

I've looked up how to turn on Tournament mode. Should be interesting to see how the IC server responds to that. Still researching turning on/off password to the server. [edit] Looks like simply adding a password to the cfg file on the server locks it.

sv_password ""
    // OFF

sv_password ILoveTF2
    // password of ILoveTF2

Hope to see most of you there!!!

-Digi
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Bobby,

You can just run those commands as needed if you would like to put a password on the server to prevent pubs, etc from joining.

JUst do:

rcon sv_password "TF2isTheBestest"

or whatever.
    edited August 2010
    I had just got TF2 installed and Admin bestowed upon me 1/2 hour before we started so please excuse my newbness during practice today. Learned a lot, still need to figure some stuff out. Goal for now is to setup a highlander match for our team v Other IC/pubs on Wed night during normal LOEI time (10pm EST)

Set Password for server (rcon sv_password "TF2isTheBestest")
    Disable Sourcemod?
    Steam Msg / Vent all involved the password
    Kick all not involved
    Load Config File (etf2l_sp.cfg for Payload, attack/defence and King of The Hill and etf2l.cfg for 5cp maps)

Turn off AllTalk (Handled by cfg)
    Turn on Tournament mode (rcon mp_tournament 1) (Handled by cfg)
    Limit server to 18 (rcon maxplayers 18 [requires restart]) - May not be needed, with each class limited to 1, this will allow 6 slots for spec on our server
    Restart (not Quit, while this restarted the server, it also removed all previous settings)
    Limit each class to 1 (tf_tournament_classlimit_scout 1 * 9) (Handled by cfg)
    Turn off Team Scramble (Handled by cfg)

I'll probably hop on the IC server and run some tests tonight when I get home, I'll throw anyone on a msg so they can hop on if they want to help with some testing.

I think we will do well, we had good communication. Got some basic strategy down. Not to many notes but will write out what we do have and send off a PM. (We're on the front page of Google search results now for the tournament, Please Don't post strategy in this thread, please use PM)

-Digi
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Booby

heh heh

(juvenile)