League of Extraordinary Icrontians

Comments

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    I always crash when alt-tabbing from full screen, but never crash from windowed.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    I run windows 7 with a 9800, and I will either crash or get the purple boxes every time. Windowed mode does help, but I like to devote my entire attention to TF2.

I also sacrifice chickens. I usually only save that for instances where a windows install is the only last option. (Only takes about 10 min to sacrifice a chicken, and be amused by headless antics compared to 40 min windows install + 2 hr file backup, etc)
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    You mean I could have just cut a chickens head off?

Damn It!

-Digi
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    So, who's in tonight? Yes? Yes?
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    mayhaps.

I forget - when do the shens start?
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Canti, what is our reason for playing tonight?
    edited August 2010
    In if I can get my vid card working, though will be late since I have to download TF2 again

Shwaip - 10pm EST

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    Don't think I'll be making it, I'll be cooking EVGA 8800 for dinner tonight.

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    Here's a trick I just found that might help you from the web:

I don't know if any of you play TF2 in windowed mode, but the last update added the ability to play in windowed mode without having the Windows border around the program, making it look as if it's full-screen but giving you the ability to easily alt-tab in and out of the game.

To do so, add the following switches to the TF2 launch options (in Steam, right-click Team Fortress 2 in 'My Games', click Properties and then 'Set launch options...'. Add the following: -sw -noborder

-sw sets windowed mode, -noborder removes the borders. I also add -novid to remove the startup video of the valve-in-head man.

I plan on trying this, I had luck playing in windowed mode but hated the border...
    edited August 2010
    Thanks Cannon, I'll have to give that a try after my GPU comes back to life / I get a new GPU.

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    Hey League Members! Want to help your LOEI Highlander team but can't dedicate the time to the team? You can still help by challenging us during practice!

Hop on the IC Server this Sunday August 29th 2010 at 2pm EST, 1pm CST, 11am PDT and show us whats up!

Bring a friend!

-Digi
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    BODYSHOT
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Dude, just finished up 5 straight hours of tf2, tonight was fuckin epic.
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    I guess now we know to talk about physics and politics if we want to make TF2 last.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Obsidian wrote:
    I guess now we know to talk about physics and politics if we want to make TF2 last.

Einstein was an idiot :D
    edited August 2010
    I am saddened that I missed this.

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    We even had celebrity guests!
    edited August 2010
    :nudge: Hey Everyone, Have you been wondering how you could possibly top last years celebration of Uzbekistan Independence Day, celebrating the independence of Uzbekistan from the Soviet Union in 1991?

Me Too!!!

Think of all the happy Uzbekistanis jumping up and down flipping off the Soviets! You can do it to! Jump on the IC Server this Wednesday September 1st 2010 at 10pm EST, 9pm CST, 7pm PDT and show those Soviets How IC does Uzbekistandependence Day!
    :celebrate
    There is a limited amount of spots so get their early!

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I hope you aren't thinking to limit to Highlander people only?
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Nah, not just the highlanderers. We'll need five or more extras for the other scrimmage team.
    edited August 2010
    pigflipper wrote:
    Yeah, I hope you aren't thinking to limit to Highlander people only?

Oh no... I fully expect you as our opposing sniper. I would have it no other way.

Also the scrimmage should not last long. Then we can get to some normal duke it out play.

-Digi
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    I'm not sure I like the idea of taking away from normal Wednesday night play to practice. That's closing off the server to a lot of people who have made it a habit to play with us each week. I won't be able to play until way late that night but I'd suggest starting practice an hour or two before other people usually start or move practice to Thursday.
    edited August 2010
    I see your point Canti, If others feel the same way then we will change it. I can start at 9pm EST as an option. I'm also open to moving it or even postponing it 'til Sunday if this week doesn't work out.

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    Don't do it tomorrow night, it is just a bad night to be trying to do something like that. I'm with Canti, go to Thursday night, that way you can mess with the server like you want.
  • portzebieportzebie Arteest Utah, USA Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    I agree with the others, Thursday would be an excellent day to practice. Wednesday is typically full of those who play with us weekly and would only cause chaos/drama. (OMG serious TF2? What's that??) If we do play earlier than the usual 10PM EST, I can't be there because I am at work until 9PM.
    edited August 2010
    By Popular demand, Scrimmage moved to Thursday! Now you lucky bastards can indulge in LOEI 2 days in a row!

-Digi
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Bobby,
    thanks for trying and all the other effort. I bow to the will of the Icrontian masses and will screw off as normal on Wed, but will try to be semi-serious on Thurs.
    edited August 2010
    Wait, you can play TF2 and not be serious? WTF?!
  • AdvakusAdvakus Nova Scotia, Canada
    edited September 2010
    OMG? serious TF2? Whats that???

Kidding.

Had lots of fun tonight, finally got to sit through the entire night with you guys, really enjoyed it. (Or at least most of the night)
    Hope to see you all again wednesday.
    edited September 2010
    Good times last night! Advakus is quite the sniper. I didn't know some of those sight lines even existed... or are you bending bullets... HAX!

<3 Annes and Cola and their interactions

Did you know you can not use the word Steam in your display name? even if combined in SteamPunk you end up with *****Punk.... though I didn't try it by itself, maybe it recognized the word Sex after it and filtered it.

I've had more coffee this morning then I have in a few weeks. Typing like a mad man... ohh IRC

-Digi