Help GPU3 6.30r1 Console error

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited September 2010 in Folding@Home
I installed the 6.30r1 console and configured it using the Folding@home-Win32-GPU.exe and everything runs ok until I quit. When I try to run it from a shortcut or -configonly I get this error message. In order to get it to run again I have to delete the config.cfg and reboot. Then I can only configure and run it again from the Folding@home-Win32-GPU.exe again.

It's making me crazy. Any suggestions?

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    I tried fiddling with the firewall but then began to get an additional error besides the one above. Now I get this one.

This makes no sense. I can delete the config.cfg and start the client (not using -configonly) and it will start right up. Once I terminate the program is when I start getting the above error. The error here went away when I set the firewall back to original.

All I can think of is that when I first unzipped it into a folder I configured it and ran it and everything was good. Then I moved it to another folder and nothing has gone right since. I've even deleted all contents of the folder and dumped a fresh unzip and started from scratch and I still get the error.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Why are you configuring it using the GPU exe for the SMP client? For my SMP client, I just unzipped, threw it in a folder and launched the .exe once with config only then started the service.

Not saying that is your fix, but I may have misunderstood your situation (just going off the version number being for SMP, not GPU)
    edited September 2010
    I'm talking strictly about the GPU3 console client. I should have mentioned that in the title. No wonder I've only gotten one response all weekend. Thanks Tushon. Now if I could get this mess sorted out I'd be a happy camper.

On another note ...looks like I got wood overnight! :csimon:
    edited September 2010
    Thanks _k_ ...I will add -gpu -forcegpu nvidia_g80 per instruction.

I'm folding with what is in my sig below btw ...

This seems to have worked:

[settings]
    username=csimon
    team=93
    passkey=255eed34454bef506b40e2170805XXXX **(EDITED passkey - _k)
    asknet=no
    machineid=2
    bigpackets=big
    extra_parms=-gpu 0 -forcegpu nvidia_g80

[http]
    active=no
    host=localhost
    port=8080
    usereg=no

[core]
    checkpoint=30

[clienttype]
    type=3
    edited September 2010
    yeah the client doesnt do auto detection (yet?) so you have to force it and tell it which gpu to fold on, so that should solve your issue. Just so I know I'm right, the GPU3 client is 6.32 :p
    edited September 2010
    The GPU3 systray client is 6.32 and the console client is 6.31 or 6.30r1. So yeah you are right. I'm using the console though. =P :fold:
    edited September 2010
    Oh I didn't know it was even available (since it wasn't listed on the downloads page). Everything working now?
    edited September 2010
    Everything is working great now thanks! I still have never seen a setup page that would have guided me onto the right path. All it took was a few flags that I had no clue about. I had never setup GPU's folding before now.
    edited September 2010
    Yeah the official page only tells you to put -gpu 0 or 1 in the shortcut line, and doesn't say anything about -forcegpu .. Idk
    edited September 2010
    What official page?
    edited September 2010
    edited September 2010
    Tushon wrote:

Cool thanks - once again ...I was clueless!